PDA

View Full Version : SARL 12/30 float tube report

-mike
12-31-2012, 11:06 AM
Water temp: 55
Water visibility: 4ft

I float tubed SARL on Sunday from 730am - 130pm. I had one bait rod in the water all day with an inflated nightcrawler/powerbait combo. Didn't get bit on this rod all day. I caught 3 trout on a dropshot orange trout king worm during the periods when it was sunny and calm winds. I saw other guys who were fishing minijigs doing very well. I tried fishing a minijig for a while but my techinique must be off because I never seem to get bit on a minijig. In the early afternoon it got cloudy and windy so I started throwing a mira shad crankbait and caught 3 trout on the crankbait. At 1:30pm it starts raining! WTF? Weather forecast didn't say anything about rain. Oh well. I ended the day with 6, my magic number lately

J-Dub
12-31-2012, 01:24 PM
Water temp: 55
Water visibility: 4ft

I float tubed SARL on Sunday from 730am - 130pm. I had one bait rod in the water all day with an inflated nightcrawler/powerbait combo. Didn't get bit on this rod all day. I caught 3 trout on a dropshot orange trout king worm during the periods when it was sunny and calm winds. I saw other guys who were fishing minijigs doing very well. I tried fishing a minijig for a while but my techinique must be off because I never seem to get bit on a minijig. In the early afternoon it got cloudy and windy so I started throwing a mira shad crankbait and caught 3 trout on the crankbait. At 1:30pm it starts raining! WTF? Weather forecast didn't say anything about rain. Oh well. I ended the day with 6, my magic number lately

uhh....isnt the limit 5 at SARL?

blakeb
12-31-2012, 02:44 PM
Congrats on a good day of fishing mike

Please remember though the limit is 5 try to break the rules please