PDA

View Full Version : trout season city parks

reelgurlzfish
12-31-2012, 09:45 AM
..... is anyone catching anything anywhere? I've got a couple single catches butnot even bites most times. Maybe they just aren't hungry.

Sidenote... not having much luck in salt either...

Bassman1414
12-31-2012, 12:11 PM
hey reelgurlzfish I haven't had much luck either. I was at Dixon and hooked up with a monster. it was like 4 pounds. My dad went down at the side of the dock to grab it. The trout had its last pull and the line snapped. All I can recomend is to use mepps spinners and vary your retreive and try different depths and colors. Tightlines and happy new year!
Bassman1414

bman90278
12-31-2012, 03:11 PM
I don't believe they have been stocking much the last few weeks in LA area.

-b

bassfishing24/7
12-31-2012, 05:24 PM
Anybody know what happen to Stocking Info line???it stopped working a month ago...it Just keeps ringing....

reelgurlzfish
12-31-2012, 06:13 PM
Thanks for replies..... seems to be slow for everyone. I have a pretty wide variety of bait and lures so I think it's the fish and not me lol.... as for the dgf line, I have no idea. I get RNA too when calling. Dfg is such a mess these days. I know they haven't stocked much cuz of holidays but not even holdovers are eating. Will just keep gettin out there and trying :-P I will take a skunk over sitting on the couch any day :)

TUNAVIC
12-31-2012, 08:52 PM
I noticed it only rings for the last two weeks,I call every Monday,when they are not going to stock,they do not leave their automated message,and the phone just rings,they use weather as one excuse for not stocking.So hopefully there will be a bigger stock in local lakes soon,or fiscal cliff effects? Jk

Cya Tuna Vic

HBAR
12-31-2012, 10:18 PM
I've been at Hansen dam aka the C ment hole the last two times they stocked there, someone please tell me how 8 half net fulls dumped into the water equals 200 pounds of trout? Last year and the year before they would back the truck up open the drain hole and dump the entire tank.

bman90278
12-31-2012, 10:26 PM
I've been at Hansen dam aka the C ment hole the last two times they stocked there, someone please tell me how 8 half net fulls dumped into the water equals 200 pounds of trout? Last year and the year before they would back the truck up open the drain hole and dump the entire tank.

I guess as long as someone keeps signing their paperwork as a witness, we'll keep getting lied to or ripped off.

-b

HBAR
01-01-2013, 08:48 AM
I think next time if I'm there when he shows up to stock I'm gonna pull out my scale and weigh each one before he dumps it and then tally it up to ensure its 200 pounds, if not make hime keep going until it does reach 200 haha

phishin phool
01-01-2013, 10:16 AM
I recommend coming out to the IE and fishing Rancho Jurupa in Riverside after a stock(usually Thursdays), like on a friday or saturday if ya want to fish a park. They put in some nice fish and is a pretty cool place. Go to their website for stocking info. Best wishes

smokehound
01-03-2013, 06:13 AM
bass are still biting, just gotta slow your presentation down.

Same with trout, a common misconception is that the colder it gets, the more active trout get, but in extreme cold, they get sluggish as well.

Try dropshotting a tube, and remember that trout will grow wary of doughbait and even trout worms after a while.

There are still trout at all the lakes you fish, they just know you're trying to catch them.

Since it's cold, you'll get some bass on the spoons, too!

reelgurlzfish
01-03-2013, 05:00 PM
Thanks for all the input ! I don't let any of it get me down. Hit a lake or salt every weekend. Ups and downs.... still a good time tho!

craz_yPANDA
01-03-2013, 07:01 PM
I tried for some trout at MSP. I fished at the small pond with rainbow powerbait. Not 1 bite..

reelgurlzfish
01-03-2013, 07:17 PM
I have yet to catch anything at MSP.... keep trying tho :-)

oh da shiz
01-04-2013, 01:45 PM
I've noticed that the trout are less active this season so far. I did however land my PB in mid November at 9lbs and it was because I tried something different in my retrieval. I mainly fish mini jigs just as everyone else does and on this particular retrieve I just let it sink down, all the way down then just kinda jigged like a spoon and on the second lift I got hit. This has been my new way of fishing now and has been very productive. I also fish power worms too. I'm not a bait and wait guy, no patience for that. I mainly fish Dixon Lake in Escondido too.

here's a link to the report of the PB with pictures.... http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/freshwater-fishing-reports/465632-dixon-lake-11-16-12-a.html

Fysher
01-04-2013, 01:45 PM
At MSP they will split the stocking between both lakes. I've been there fishing for bass and seen the comorants and pelican get a few. You have to fish the little lake the day of the stocking if you want a good chance at getting some trout. The next day isn't too bad either if the pelicans aren't all there. Good luck out there. I do notice the trout that they have been stocking are some good size ones. If powerbait, jigs, lures aren't working, then go with natural bait. Night crawlers and my all time favorite no matter which lake, always seems to work are MEALWORMS.

The trout are there but are far between. Don't expect to limit out at these local parks unless you're fishing the day of or after a stocking. As long as you get out, it's all good. Catching fish is a bonus =0)

connordoyle
01-04-2013, 02:25 PM
People were catching a ton of trout today at lincoln, all on powerbait. I only had hard baits and swim baits. Watched everyone catch em around me.

reservoir dog
01-04-2013, 02:53 PM

You forgot to account for the water. 50lbs of fish, 150lbs of water...

georatm2011
01-04-2013, 04:44 PM
City Lake Parks are slow right now, I payed to enter Laguna Niguel Lake ($22 each) and we got skunked there too. The lake didn't even stock for two weeks which is just ludicrous cause we payed for nothing. Keep trying the city lakes, Cerritos Regional Park is good for trout when they stock the first couple of days.

georatm2011
01-05-2013, 09:22 AM
Been skunked for trout at ELDO twice already and have never tried Legg lake for trout, what should I know, thanks guys. And how the heck do I post a new thread?

bman90278
01-05-2013, 07:55 PM
Been skunked for trout at ELDO twice already and have never tried Legg lake for trout, what should I know, thanks guys. And how the heck do I post a new thread?

You can't start a new thread until you have made at least 100 posts.

-b

MonSteRR
01-05-2013, 09:10 PM
You can't start a new thread until you have made at least 100 posts.

-b
Do u mean we have to reply to 100 threads to start new thread?:Confused:

Cartman
01-05-2013, 09:32 PM
City park lakes are hard and there's a lot of hit or miss. I decided to increase my fishing to catching ratio this year by fishing San Bernadino County Lakes. I've been fishing four times at Glen Helen, and though I got skunked the first time, I've caught at least two every time since, and they've all been really big fish. I still want to hit up my local lakes (Legg, SFD, Peck Rd., and the Pudd), but I know I have to go there with no expectations. Hell, writing this makes me want to go fish the Pudd, but I'm a sicko. They say compulsive gambling is a sickness but all it is is the same variable-ratio schedule of reinforcement we're all hooked into. How many times can I go out drowning worms without catching anything expecting that big one to come along? How many casts and retrieves of that wacky worm will I go through without catching anything? A hundred? A thousand? A million? But that next one may be THE one.

LbcLakers
01-05-2013, 09:42 PM
[QUOTE=Cartman;648115 How many times can I go out drowning worms without catching anything expecting that big one to come along? How many casts and retrieves of that wacky worm will I go through without catching anything? A hundred? A thousand? A million? But that next one may be THE one.[/QUOTE]

^^this would make a good sig. well said

angelsfan951
01-05-2013, 10:45 PM
I recommend coming out to the IE and fishing Rancho Jurupa in Riverside after a stock(usually Thursdays), like on a friday or saturday if ya want to fish a park. They put in some nice fish and is a pretty cool place. Go to their website for stocking info. Best wishes

please dont waste ur time going to jurupa fishing sucks and the scenery is awfull :)

Carptain_Bao
01-05-2013, 10:56 PM
City park lakes are hard and there's a lot of hit or miss. I decided to increase my fishing to catching ratio this year by fishing San Bernadino County Lakes. I've been fishing four times at Glen Helen, and though I got skunked the first time, I've caught at least two every time since, and they've all been really big fish. I still want to hit up my local lakes (Legg, SFD, Peck Rd., and the Pudd), but I know I have to go there with no expectations. Hell, writing this makes me want to go fish the Pudd, but I'm a sicko. They say compulsive gambling is a sickness but all it is is the same variable-ratio schedule of reinforcement we're all hooked into. How many times can I go out drowning worms without catching anything expecting that big one to come along? How many casts and retrieves of that wacky worm will I go through without catching anything? A hundred? A thousand? A million? But that next one may be THE one.

Well said Cartman. SB county lakes are very good fishing lakes with affordable price!

carpanglerdude
01-05-2013, 11:07 PM
please dont waste ur time going to jurupa fishing sucks and the scenery is awfull :)

Lol! Better than a certain Yucaipa spot :)

HBAR
01-07-2013, 04:00 PM
You forgot to account for the water. 50lbs of fish, 150lbs of water...

Duh stupid me how could I forget the water?!!!

HBAR
01-07-2013, 04:05 PM

Well when you live 7 miles from Hansen dam and your on a very limited budget, it doesnt make sense to drive way the hell out there just to get skunkd. At least if I get skunkdd at the C ment hole I dont have all the drive time to be pissed off about the skunk.