PDA

View Full Version : SB Pier - Holy Mackeral!

grunionhunter
09-04-2007, 10:49 PM
Went to Seal Beach Pier again early this morning and threw out a sabiki rig to grab some quick live bait. Got a smelt and threw the rig out again when something bigger took it away :shock: .... it was a mac. That was the beggining of a HUGE mack-attack! seriously couldn't keep up with all the action. Probably caught about 30+ .... threw most of them back but brought some home and cut it up... bait for our next fishing trip....gave the rest to ppl who actually like eating em up (yuck!). Managed to catch one Bonito in the batch which was a fun fight. Definetly will be going back to SB soon as it was so much fun catching a fish every 2 minutes!

Does anyone know why the ambulance was on the pier on Saturday afternoon? We were on the Jetty at 72nd street and could hear the action and see something going on from a distance (through our bi-nocs). Just curious..... was there a shark bite, or just heat stroke?

spitbreaker
09-04-2007, 11:38 PM
nothing on sat. but i glad there some mack on seal beach pier because i kept on going to redondo or newport pier alot.

Doc Holliday
09-05-2007, 01:27 PM
I was at SB pier a few weeks ago, man i can attest to the mack attack...it was crazy. i must have caught 25fish in like 25minutes... Redondo was slow for me last week, i did manage to catch a crab though haha

Troutman65
09-06-2007, 06:10 PM
Congrats on your catch.

Thanks for the report

TM65