PDA

View Full Version : LNL 12/28 from the shore

the dude
12-28-2012, 06:27 PM
Woke up late arrived at lake 730 am my spots were all taken had to fish zone one just to the right of the point. First line in the water at 745 about an hour later my bobber moved it looked like the fish felt the weight and dropped it. The fish are out farther this year compared to the last two seasons so I had to use a 1/4oz sinker carolina rigged . I was using a orange and yellow power mouse with a red head and a 14 inch leader that was the only set up I could get any action with. The fish would just mouth it on the fall I couldn't get them to swallow it. This happend 4 times in 5 hrs and that was it! I got the skunk again but I know the fish are there its just that they are farther out and in order to get my setup out there I have to use a heavier weight and the fish feel that weight and wont commit themselves to swallow. You really had to watch your line on the fall because you wont feel them strike its just a weird bite this year.It looks like its a float tuber and boaters lake this year.

dotbomb
12-28-2012, 10:38 PM
That sucks. How was the crowd? Were others having any luck around you?

the dude
12-29-2012, 04:06 AM
There was about 30 people fishing from shore and about 10 boats out. As far as anybody else catching fish zone one had 3 fish caught from shore one was about 3 lbs and they were all off the point zone 2-3 had 4 fish that makes for 7 fish total for about 30 people I left at 12:30. the spot at the mouth of the inlet seemed to be doing pretty good.
That sucks. How was the crowd? Were others having any luck around you?

Rot8
12-30-2012, 11:21 AM
Fishing has been really different this year at LNL. The fish seem to concentrate in the channel making it difficult for shore fishermen to catch fish. You're right about the boats having the advantage this year. Hope it changes soon. Thanks for the report!

Zellot
12-30-2012, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the report. I haven't been to LNL this season as yet, and might not go at all. My Dad and I used to do really well here, but I suspect that the channel has filled in with silt. If I was lucky (or really quick) to get the point area, and in seasons past could reach the channel. However, the last time I fished I could not get far enough out (and still tangled with some float-tubers). Looks like its boats or float tubers only.

BigBass777
01-01-2013, 08:58 PM
My friend fished LNL from a float tube on Wednesday and got the skunk.