What do you perfer???

FKNChristopH
12-28-2012, 12:06 PM
Maxima all day.

My .02

*shakkaa*

CrownTown
12-28-2012, 12:12 PM
Maxima is really good line. You may get a few more bird's nests than normal if you are using on a baitcaster though...

gogreeenz4
12-28-2012, 12:21 PM
birds nest arent a problem but the memory is my maxima 12 pound seems to create little circles thru out the whole line when there is slack .. i was wondering if p line will stay more true or striaght thru the line when slack.. but i dig the maxima over any other mono's just heard a lot of good about the p-line cx premium so i wanted to hear others opionin

CL SmooV
12-28-2012, 12:25 PM
Maxima FOR sure....

If you use a baitcast setup, wet your spooled line prior to casting.

This reduces the birdnests.

Make sure you "really" wet your knots prior to tie with maxima.

gogreeenz4
12-28-2012, 01:09 PM
Maxima FOR sure....

If you use a baitcast setup, wet your spooled line prior to casting.

This reduces the birdnests.

Make sure you "really" wet your knots prior to tie with maxima.

Ill have to try and wet my spool before casting and see if that helps with the little circles or memory.. i dont birds nest often but i do dislike the circles

CL SmooV
12-28-2012, 01:21 PM
Ill have to try and wet my spool before casting and see if that helps with the little circles or memory.. i dont birds nest often but i do dislike the circles

Same here....

Try it...see if it works for you. If the circles stick around, I would tie on a lure 3/4 to 1 oz and casting it as far as a can to get a different memory on the line. I would have do this if I go weeks or even months without fishing.

gogreeenz4
12-28-2012, 02:02 PM
Same here....

Try it...see if it works for you. If the circles stick around, I would tie on a lure 3/4 to 1 oz and casting it as far as a can to get a different memory on the line. I would have do this if I go weeks or even months without fishing.

I typically dont fish anything less then those wieght... lastnight i was tossing my favoite swimbait that wieghts in around 1 1/4 oz and it still circled up an i just had her spooled up the day before ..the wierd thing is when i spool it up myself it seems to circle less then when i take it down to the local bait shop..

CL SmooV
12-28-2012, 03:39 PM
I typically dont fish anything less then those wieght... lastnight i was tossing my favoite swimbait that wieghts in around 1 1/4 oz and it still circled up an i just had her spooled up the day before ..the wierd thing is when i spool it up myself it seems to circle less then when i take it down to the local bait shop..

Awe that sucks....I spool myself unless im using braid. Maybe they didnt match your bale rotation.

depocs
01-05-2013, 03:46 PM
Buy some kvd line conditioner. Works great.

cutbait
01-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Pline ccx all day long.

Im still in amazement anyone is still using anything else

trail blazer
01-05-2013, 05:44 PM
cutbait has seen me fish the cxx next to other lines just to see REALLY wich was the best,,,,,,,,,,The p line cxx was so much stronger then the rest that it wasn,t even close,,,,,,,,,,,,,,these tests were done with 15lb tst on baitcasters,,over the course of a week or so,,,,,with palomar knots,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I tested trilene/maxima/segaur/ all against the cxx and it was no contest,,,,CXX HANDS DOWN,,,,Green box,,,,,,,,,,,,JUST THE BAKO BOYS OPPINION!

cutbait
01-05-2013, 06:05 PM
cutbait has seen me fish the cxx next to other lines just to see REALLY wich was the best,,,,,,,,,,The p line cxx was so much stronger then the rest that it wasn,t even close,,,,,,,,,,,,,,these tests were done with 15lb tst on baitcasters,,over the course of a week or so,,,,,with palomar knots,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I tested trilene/maxima/segaur/ all against the cxx and it was no contest,,,,CXX HANDS DOWN,,,,Green box,,,,,,,,,,,,JUST THE BAKO BOYS OPPINION!

TB, these guys a green carp fishing so strenght isnt a big concern

i kid, I kid

trail blazer
01-05-2013, 06:17 PM
OMG cut bait,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,starting trouble again,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,If i was after green carp id use that 3$ a spool eagle claw stuff myself

Troutcz swimbait
01-05-2013, 07:58 PM
pline ccx all day long.

Im still in amazement anyone is still using anything else

x2..........................

billy b
01-19-2013, 05:50 PM
x2..........................

Or do you use it on a leader?