PDA

View Full Version : First time coming to puddingstone

Basspass
12-28-2012, 02:48 AM
Planning to hit puddingstone for the first time this sat. I'm sure it will be cold, but has it been windy lately? Looking for any tips or advice for largemouth or trout there. Fishing from a boat. Anything else fun biting? Any good drop off points or cover recommended?

I see its been stocked a few days ago, but not counting on finding stock trout unless the fisherman have been busy with the holidays.

Thanks in advance.

allIdoIsfish
12-28-2012, 09:48 AM
to be honest, id choose another lake if you want to catch some fish. The pudd has been going thru alot of changes lately and the bite will be really tough. There was a huge die off about a week and a half ago. They said there was a drum dumped in the RV cove.

GR6RR
12-28-2012, 12:20 PM
^^ eeewwwwww!

Surfer
12-28-2012, 11:51 PM
to be honest, id choose another lake if you want to catch some fish. The pudd has been going thru alot of changes lately and the bite will be really tough. There was a huge die off about a week and a half ago. They said there was a drum dumped in the RV cove.

What species did the die-off consist of? Hopefully not bass...

Basspass
12-29-2012, 12:14 AM
Thanks for the tip man. Boat's all set, but it's only got an electric motor. So if not puddingstone, I think the Castaic lagoon is my only other option and the bite there has been horrible. Then when the winds pick up, I can't even keep my dropshot grounded.

allIdoIsfish
12-29-2012, 10:45 AM
What species did the die-off consist of? Hopefully not bass...

Everything man, Panfish, Trout, 4" Shad, Bass, and a few crappie

Trial and Error
12-29-2012, 11:25 AM
Wonder if the Komodo dragon survived...:LOL:

dday07
12-29-2012, 11:49 AM
Haven't seen him in awhile....still cruising the shorelines?
Wonder if the Komodo dragon survived...:LOL:

aggs234
12-29-2012, 03:37 PM
yea i was at the pudd yesterday, horrrible... dont waste ur time... i spoke with several ppl fishing from shore.... nothing nothing since the supposed plant on thanks giving... and they stocked twice it said....

but yea.. dead bass floating on surface by shore..

no trout bites.. although i stayed 3 hrs...only..

i fish there alot and it has died down...

ne new info on what got dumped in that barrel?

the water is brown and low... low visability..

it really needs to rain , raise the water level up... and that shud help wash out the murk and improve visability..

sad sad.... my home lake is not doin soo well..

Bass Boy 14
12-29-2012, 04:19 PM
The bite there has been tough. Everything is pretty slow. I went to the first pier yesterday and killed the bluegills and crappie on mini jigs, but besides that, nothing's biting.