PDA

View Full Version : Panfish at puddingstone

SoCalFisher606
12-27-2012, 08:06 AM
Hello everyone,

I was planning on float tubing puddingstone pretty soon, and I was wondering where are the bluegills, redear, and crappie holding? Would they be really deep or still lingering around the coves? Thanks in advance

Natural Lefty
12-27-2012, 10:40 AM
Redears and Bluegills were fairly close to shore in Sail Cove about a month ago, but I am guessing they would be deeper now, like probably around the middle of the cove. I didn't see any Crappies when I was last there.

Bass Boy 14
12-27-2012, 12:53 PM
There have been problems with the oxygen levels there and the fish are moving to the surface and have been dying.

SoCalFisher606
12-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Hey thank you guys for the reply, I guess I'll just have to get out there and see what happens

BALLERONBUDGET
12-27-2012, 02:46 PM
yup big die off i heard last week... scattered carcasses along shore... it prob doent help that h20 looks more like cocacola right now.....

TKCastle
12-27-2012, 06:27 PM
Was there last week and the cove that separates east and south shore was full of dead shad. They had community service workers raking the dead fish off the surface and bagging it up. Might be due to stratification but I'm no expert. Any other news?

Natural Lefty
12-28-2012, 01:44 PM
That really sucks that Puddingstone has had O2 depletion and a big dieoff. That happens when a whole lot of algae suddenly dies, which can happen when the water cools down.

allIdoIsfish
12-28-2012, 02:25 PM
Was there last week and the cove that separates east and south shore was full of dead shad. They had community service workers raking the dead fish off the surface and bagging it up. Might be due to stratification but I'm no expert. Any other news?

I think a bunch of different things are happening all at once. last week someone dumped a drum in rv cove adding to the low o2 and weed die off.

SoCalFisher606
12-30-2012, 07:45 AM
I think a bunch of different things are happening all at once. last week someone dumped a drum in rv cove adding to the low o2 and weed die off.

What was dumped? And has anybody been catching fish there lately or is it just done for a while?

allIdoIsfish
12-30-2012, 12:31 PM
What was dumped? And has anybody been catching fish there lately or is it just done for a while?

They arent sure what was in the drum but im pretty sure its an oil/chemical waste drum.