PDA

View Full Version : My 2nd trip to the Duck

troutsniffer
12-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Today was my 2nd time out to the duck and brought my fishing pal along (was his 1st time). We left Pomona around 5am and got to the Palmdale around 6:15/6:30 and hit the duct as soon
as we parked. Within 30 minutes my buddy was on. At first he thought I crossed his line for a second and then he realized it was a hit. Fish On :EyePop: It took maybe 3-4 mins to get it in.
We weight this bad boy at 5pounds even. It was his 1st Striper! That bootleg pvc pipe I taped up to one of my nets came in very handy!
He caught it on his trout pole using 4pound test casting a trout lure. We fished 5 spots from 6:30 till 3pm and called it the day. Only 1 great looking animal for the day, but looking forward to going
back over and over again :Wink:

teejay
12-26-2012, 06:57 PM
Looks like it was worth the drive. Nice!

madbass
12-26-2012, 07:13 PM
Nice looking striper! Looks cold out there.
Thanks for the report and picture!

Alex

ZipperWurm
12-28-2012, 05:06 AM
i havent caught a duct striper in 2 years throwing kpn's, flukes, and bait.....and ur buddy gets one on a trout lure his first trip out, lol.

nice fish!

Bassnman Mike
12-28-2012, 08:06 AM
Congrats to ya Troutsniffer!

i havent caught a duct striper in 2 years throwing kpn's, flukes, and bait.....and ur buddy gets one on a trout lure his first trip out, lol.

nice fish!

Thats funny ZipperWurm. I took a friend on his first duct trip recently and he got his first duct striper on a purple/black finesse bass jig. After seeing that I truely believe its not so much the lure, its all about being in the right spot at the right time.

cutbait
12-28-2012, 08:13 AM
So troutsniffer still on a skunk huh? LOL...

Just messin with ya man. Congrats, if your true buds when the other catches it still feels good. Keep at it.

Was it a Kastmaster or something of that style? I'm not surprised a kastmaster would whack one. Just as long as no powerbait, trout worm, or powermouse hit our pristine duct waters!

Your pal showed great angling ability battling that fish with 4lb. Congrats to the both of ya

TUNAVIC
12-28-2012, 09:06 AM
First time Striper and light line at that,very nice!

Cya Tuna Vic

troutsniffer
12-29-2012, 02:46 PM

nice fish!

Yeah tell me about it. I swear he's part Irish! Gets lucky a lot

troutsniffer
12-29-2012, 02:50 PM
So troutsniffer still on a skunk huh? LOL...

Just messin with ya man. Congrats, if your true buds when the other catches it still feels good. Keep at it.

Was it a Kastmaster or something of that style? I'm not surprised a kastmaster would whack one. Just as long as no powerbait, trout worm, or powermouse hit our pristine duct waters!

Your pal showed great angling ability battling that fish with 4lb. Congrats to the both of ya

I got to net it and we both trew up a big high 5 after the catch. It didn't matter who pulled out what that day as long as we caught something and didn't go home
empty handed. It was a 4" plastic with a jig head. We had baits out on other polls with 8 and 10 lbs test and not a single hit.

slacker189
12-29-2012, 03:33 PM
nice fish troutsniffer. I had gone out to the duct about 10 times before i finally caught one -- so good going for you and your buddy. i went out today and skunked but thats the way the duct is out here in the AV.

Bassnman Mike
12-30-2012, 09:11 AM
nice fish troutsniffer. I had gone out to the duct about 10 times before i finally caught one -- so good going for you and your buddy. i went out today and skunked but thats the way the duct is out here in the AV.

I went out yesterday also and didnt get a single bite. Didnt see any bait or followers either.