PDA

View Full Version : For those of you with Go Pros....

Surfnsnowboard3
12-24-2012, 08:50 PM
Got a new Go Pro and can't wait to use it.

First off, what type of mount do you use? Head? Chest? Pole behind you? Thoughts and ideas?

Secondly, what video editing do you guys use to make your awesome YouTube videos you post on here? Preferibly, I want a free video editing software choice and it has to be for a PC.

Thanks and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

bassfishing24/7
12-25-2012, 05:35 PM
I use the head mount,simple & convenient.i have yet to put vids On youtube & also interested in some Info On software...

bassfishing24/7
12-31-2012, 08:11 AM
all these views & not one answer????....

Rhernandez94
01-01-2013, 12:14 PM
i would use a head mount, as far as editing programs i use Sony Vegas 11, if you are a new to editing it can be a bit hard to learn and guarantee you will mess up your videos and have to start over!!!! Windows Live Movie Maker sucks!!! you can only render movies in wmv. format and youtube has to re-render into its format, witch makes for uploading a long process!!! you can find " How to download Sony Vegas 11 for free" on youtube, unless you really want to pay $400-$500, up to you. if you have a GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition you will need to have a good editing program, Windows Live Movie Maker will not play videos in 2k,and up! I have to use Vegas to watch my videos. P.M me for more info.
P.S videos will be in full 1080p H.D Bad ***!!!!

Poxy Boggards
01-02-2013, 03:48 PM
I use the standard head mount, but in order to prevent the camera from being lost I tie a lanyard onto my body then onto one of the head straps.

I edit my movies with imovie, which comes free with most MAC computers, and is fairly easy to use so can't really offer any suggestions for editing on a PC. Good luck, and can't wait to check out some video's!

Surfnsnowboard3
01-03-2013, 11:22 AM
i would use a head mount, as far as editing programs i use Sony Vegas 11, if you are a new to editing it can be a bit hard to learn and guarantee you will mess up your videos and have to start over!!!! Windows Live Movie Maker sucks!!! you can only render movies in wmv. format and youtube has to re-render into its format, witch makes for uploading a long process!!! you can find " How to download Sony Vegas 11 for free" on youtube, unless you really want to pay $400-$500, up to you. if you have a GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition you will need to have a good editing program, Windows Live Movie Maker will not play videos in 2k,and up! I have to use Vegas to watch my videos. P.M me for more info.
P.S videos will be in full 1080p H.D Bad ***!!!!

Pm sent.

It's the hero 3 silver edition. I ended up buying the chest mount.

I know NOTHING about video editing, so ill start with the free ones I see online and go from there.

Surfnsnowboard3
01-03-2013, 11:23 AM
I use the standard head mount, but in order to prevent the camera from being lost I tie a lanyard onto my body then onto one of the head straps.

I edit my movies with imovie, which comes free with most MAC computers, and is fairly easy to use so can't really offer any suggestions for editing on a PC. Good luck, and can't wait to check out some video's!

Thanks Poxy. Unfortunately I got the chest mount already. We'll see if I like it or wanna change.

Rhernandez94
01-03-2013, 02:40 PM
keep the chest mount, and get the head mount later you never know when you will need the chest mount!!!i have the tripod mount, handle bar mount, head and chest can never have enough options!

MikesOcean
01-13-2013, 06:25 AM
Pm sent.

It's the hero 3 silver edition. I ended up buying the chest mount.

I know NOTHING about video editing, so ill start with the free ones I see online and go from there.

I have the same one! Did you ever find a free editing program that you like and which one?