PDA

View Full Version : Tubular Slay Fest Report

FKNChristopH
12-24-2012, 08:05 AM
First and foremost I want to thank Eric Tucker for giving me the chance to fish this event.

Short report
Wet: 0630 Dry: 1555
Water temp: 56-58*F
Outside temp: COLD AF in the morning, nice cool 68-72* in the afternoon.
Kill count: 12 catfish 1 trout
Method of destruction: Nightcrawler and marshmallow

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/14729_461019403936046_1556350_n.jpg

Long Report
Woke up on time for once, around 0530 and then filled up my water bottle then I was off to the lake. I arrived in line right at 0558 and saw the line so I started to inflate my tube to save time. The I've never been to the Anaheim lake before so I didnt really have an idea where I was going to fish. I rigged up the tube and set out with Leo and Aaron towards the middle of the lake. Almost instantly, I get a fish on my double dropper loop rod. Nice way to start the day and tournament. I net the cat and recast the rod since the other hook had bait on it. When i was putting the cat into the basket, my rod goes bendo again! I thought this was going to be a nonstop action day. After that cat was landed, the bite went dead for me for the next 3 hours haha. I did help a guy by lending my net to him to land his huge trout and I seen people getting fish here and there but I couldnt get bit to save my life.

I went to mid lake, and back into the launch ramp area. I then kicked all the way out to the middle again where I got one trout and headed for the spillway to see if anything was hanging out in that area. Nothing. At about 1130 I start heading to the bubble hole to see if any action was going on there. Go there around 1150 and was about to beach myself for the lunch that was provided, when I get bit.

I lost that bite, but swore to myself that i'd catch one before I go get food. Kicked out again to where I got stuck, and metered a bunch of fish in 5 feet of water. Everyone had left the bubble hole for food and I had it all to myself. Cory was there for a minute but he left for food as well. Dropped my lines in and almost instantly I get bit. Landed that fish. While unhooking that first fish, I flipped my other rod out and that gets bit while I unhook my first fish. I did this routine about 4 times then I succumbed to my stomach pains since I hadn't eaten anything all day. I rushed to the launch ramp from the big muddy hill and ate quickly only to return to a packed bubble hole. Thats where I spent the last hours of the day fishing with new friend and old ones. The bite was on/off flurrys for the next few hours for everyone who was in the cove. I saw one double hook up with multiple bends going at one time. I didnt keep a tally while I was fishing but I didnt think I had as many as I did. They called up everyone for weigh in and I decided that kicking around the bend was not a good idea and that climbing up the steep mud wall with a full tube and a full stringer would be better. I was wrong. LOL. I did it but my back was on fire.

I met up with Craig who graciously gave me a ride to my car and I was the first to tally up my fish. I counted them out on his truck bed and it came out to 13 fish. I went to my car to put my stuff away. After I was all cleaned up, i went down to the launch ramp to see how many people had caught. I was greeting by Craig with a handshake and bad news (for me haha). He told me Chad had 14 fish and I lost. Oh well. Congrats Chad on the win.

I just want to thank ALL of the staff and Craig for throwing such a fun event. Hopefully the water level will be up again in a few weeks to do it again like you said. I look forward to fishing with all the people I met in the near future.

*shakkaaaaa*

chad
12-24-2012, 10:03 AM
Thanks for congrats bud. It was nice meetIng u. I'm glad u went to eat sounds like u would have got a few more if u fought your hunger pains.

-mike
12-24-2012, 01:12 PM
Way to fill up the basket

vegas fish slayer
12-24-2012, 05:18 PM
Hey man Thanks for the help with the net. Without your net i would have lost him for sure. Had a awesome time and it was nice meeting you. I told my wife that santa needed to bring me a bigger net for my float tube. LOL Merry Christams all my So Cal Trout Slayers!!!