PDA

View Full Version : bank rod holders

trout sen-sei
12-22-2012, 03:32 PM
I am looking for metal bank rod holders and have heard of roddhog .com but the site does not connect. Anybody know about them?

Cartman
12-22-2012, 03:58 PM
I am looking for metal bank rod holders and have heard of roddhog .com but the site does not connect. Anybody know about them?

Johnny's in Pasadena has some metal holders that are real tall. They stick in the bank and even have holders for your powerbait. Very substantial. I use ones I made from PVC pipe, 1/4 steel and pipe clamps that are the best I have ever had.

Whoa, sorry dude. I hadn't noticed you were in Pennslyvania. Johnny's would be a little out of your way.

trout sen-sei
12-22-2012, 04:20 PM
do they have a website or do you have a phone no?

Tube Killer
12-27-2012, 01:01 AM
There is a guy named Jaime who fishes the pump house at SARL on Saturdays I think he drives a red truck. He makes metal rod holders I think you'll like them.
he is a cool dude to fish with as well. Give it a try.

TK

Troutman65
12-27-2012, 08:30 AM
Trout Sensei , The Co. Rod Hog no longer makes them . I do own four of the Rod Hog rod holders and use them every time I go fishing . What I would do If I were you is find a photo of the rod hogs and take it to a metal fabrication shop back there where you live and have the shop make you a few . Or if your able to weld and do metal work then build yourself . Good Luck .

pescadito
12-27-2012, 11:30 AM
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?64117-WTB-rod-holders&highlight=holder

i found this thread that has a couple manufacturers that make and ship to the continental US.
if you buy them, let us know how they work out for you. I'm interested in the JMS customs, but have never seen one.
looks like a good product though for a good price.
i'm not affiliated by any way shape or form.

Mr T-rex
12-27-2012, 12:00 PM
There is a guy named Jaime who fishes the pump house at SARL on Saturdays I think he drives a red truck. He makes metal rod holders I think you'll like them.
he is a cool dude to fish with as well. Give it a try.

TK
Thats my friend luckyjr21. I got all of my rod holders from him
I can get in contact with him if you want ??

trout sen-sei
12-29-2012, 06:25 PM
Thats my friend luckyjr21. I got all of my rod holders from him
I can get in contact with him if you want ??

I am interested--can you post a pic? Hard to find any metal holders here in Pa.

angelsfan951
12-29-2012, 10:29 PM
JMS holders are great IMHO. I have 4, two for my wife and 2 for me. They only problem is i wish they would point the holder a little bit more up instead of almost parallel to the ground. Specially if you have split grip they point down even more as the rod doesnt fit snug in there, but all you have to do is tilt it back a lil and problem solved. FOr the price they are the cheapest i found, and i looked for a while and they are powder coated so they look good!

angelsfan951
12-29-2012, 10:31 PM
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?64117-WTB-rod-holders&highlight=holder

i found this thread that has a couple manufacturers that make and ship to the continental US.
if you buy them, let us know how they work out for you. I'm interested in the JMS customs, but have never seen one.
looks like a good product though for a good price.
i'm not affiliated by any way shape or form.

If ur ever down by the BPS or in rancho cucomonga hit them up he will meet up with u they are good holders and for the price u wont find anything cheaper all the other ones are either more expensive or look to flimsy.

jaggerbub
12-29-2012, 11:24 PM
I bought two rod holders from a guy at Rancho Jurupa last season. He makes them out of rebar. They stand about waist high. He basically takes the rebar, heats one end, and bends it around a pipe a few wraps to form the holder. Works great... The only rods they don't work well with are split grip handles. The split grips catch on the spiral loops as you pull out the rod from the holder. But they work great for straight handles. The guy sold them for $5 each.