PDA

View Full Version : 12/22 Skinner, chilly breezy and bloody

P.A.W.
12-22-2012, 02:38 PM
Started out sloooow. Trolled my butt off all over the place. Talked to Jnitro and he had boated a few. Decided to take a break and did some LMB hunting. Got back to trolling again around 10:45. Happened upon a pretty big school on my meter and they were deep. Broke out the downrigger and clipped on the u-rig down to 45 feet. Bingo! After that it was a fish on every pass. Boated six and broke off two in one hour. Noon now and had to get home. Had I stayed another hour it would have been an easy limit. Sorry guys but this one I've got to keep close to the chest. Just go deep where you meter 'em and they will eat.

ddoskocil
12-23-2012, 07:48 AM
Nice work PAW. (Engine hiccups again for me - shut it down right away to be safe.) Striper tacos for Xmas dinner?!?

P.A.W.
12-23-2012, 07:53 AM
Bummer on the boat man! Actually I broke in a new smoker. Smoked striper is now high on the wife's list. Christmas dinner will be Prime Rib baby!

sweetfish
12-24-2012, 08:09 AM
Graet job Pat. How was the East End? Was it still a zoo with the shad catchers? Last time I was there (2weeks ago) metered several schools deep but could not buy a bite. I may head out Friday after Xmas.

Congrats and let us know how the smoke stripers taste.

Merry Christmas.

P.A.W.
12-24-2012, 08:26 AM
Yup the east end had more boats than fish. That's why Mr. Stripey has gone out deep.