PDA

View Full Version : S.D. / Coronado's 9/1

BiG~FiSh
09-04-2007, 05:01 PM
My dad and I launched saturday @ 2:30am hit up the receiver for a scoop of some healthy good sized dines and headed for the coronado''s. Once we were there we floated and soaked some bait while watching the meteor shower until grey light. We ran out another 10-20 miles paddy hopping. All 7 paddies we stopped at were holding Yellows probably in the 15-20lbs class. Un-fortinuatly at this point the sea had gotten the best of me. I had forgotten my Dramamine and thought one of those pressure-point wrist things was going to work, It defiantly did not. I was laying down for most of the rest of the trip, and my dad switched into parent mode rather than fisherman. So no fish for our boat. I was talking to a guy at the launch ramp who landed 5 Yellows out near the "Rockpile". He mentioned that the trick to getting them to bite was to chum cut up dines getting them into a feeding frenzy and then the bite would warm up. It was still great to be out on the water (even while "chumming") It is the coolest thing to look under a paddy holding fish, you can feel the adrenaline surge through you veins.
B~F

Baseballer44
09-04-2007, 05:38 PM
bummer. too bad you felt like crap. oh well, atleast now you know what to do to get the fish biting, and you will never forget your dramamine again.

SOSO
09-04-2007, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the report...Take care of yourself out there. The sea can kick your *****. I've seen a family fishing for the first time on a charter boat. The whole entire family got sick. Father, mother, and kids. All of them bent over on the rails.... Go get them next time!