PDA

View Full Version : skinner12/20

Matt_Magnone
12-20-2012, 04:59 PM
decided to give dvl a break for a few days and hit skinner. threw the swimmer till my arm fell off for a couple bites and one nice one. never did try to pick up a rip bait, crank or plastic. just tried to focus on finding a pig.

lots of life still in the east end but the fishing pressure on the primary spots was a little much so i played around with more main lake spots. fish were on any wind blown point that had an edge spot breaking off into deeper water. shallow points held nothing for me. the glide, and the hudd got the most looks today, the other stuff not even a sniff.
the lake needs some wind. if the wind starts cranking, these fish should go on a ripper bite. the followers i had were hot for the bait, but i could tell conditions just weren't right or my timing was just off. skinner is alive and well. some very nice fish have been pulled recently. most guys pitching shad.

worked my butt off for this fish. only fish of the day. have at it guys, i want back on dvl.

hookup
12-20-2012, 05:57 PM
sick... way to go big or go home

iRavensfan
12-20-2012, 06:45 PM
yo MAGNONE does she have a sister or a friend? LET ME KNOW...
GAWD DAMMMMMNNN SON!.:Bug Eyes::Bug Eyes::Bug Eyes::Bug Eyes:

Matt_Magnone
12-20-2012, 07:46 PM
yo MAGNONE does she have a sister or a friend? LET ME KNOW...
GAWD DAMMMMMNNN SON!.:Bug Eyes::Bug Eyes::Bug Eyes::Bug Eyes:

found an area where there were 5 of her sisters all hot and bothered but were insanely stingy. they'll eat and you wont need shad to get them. its a grind though

ddoskocil
12-21-2012, 09:28 AM
I'm on my way there after lunch today! Hope they are in for afternoon biting!!!

Matt_Magnone
12-21-2012, 11:42 PM
I'm on my way there after lunch today! Hope they are in for afternoon biting!!!

i wanna know what happened man! any takers?

ddoskocil
12-23-2012, 07:46 AM
Freakin engine problems - again!

iRavensfan
12-23-2012, 09:12 AM
found an area where there were 5 of her sisters all hot and bothered but were insanely stingy. they'll eat and you wont need shad to get them. its a grind though

i need to get a meter. she was pretty shallow huh? did you take your boat or use someone elses?. they mustev quarantined u haha. deprived you of DVL for a bit.

Matt_Magnone
12-23-2012, 07:40 PM
i need to get a meter. she was pretty shallow huh? did you take your boat or use someone elses?. they mustev quarantined u haha. deprived you of DVL for a bit.

you dont need a fish finder for skinner in my opinion. the majority of the largemouth tend to stay in 12' or less year round. there's some offshore stuff that will hold, but as a whole, you can pound bank and catch them year round. follow the forage, pay attention to water level and how it moves the forage and the fish and match the hatch and its game over.

the fish that i saw were grouped up. there was a stretch of bank maybe 25' that i consistently pulled groups of fish up after the swimbait. they were following hard like they would commit, but would never pounce. most of the fish were between 3-5 pounds but i did see some super tanks in the mix.

yeah im quarantined. it was the risk i took. if skinner woulda went stupid i would have stayed for a week or two. i want back on diamond. conditions are getting primo and the fish are starting to chew.