PDA

View Full Version : Sarl Thursday 12/20

Indo-angler
12-20-2012, 04:44 PM
Got the skunk today! Fished North of the bubble hole.
Used different colors of power baits/worms/mice/ and mini jigs.
I saw only one fish caught in about 2 and 1/2 hours by 10 people.
I went around the lake and talked to some disappointed people since there was no stocking as announced.
Talked to someone who had caught one small trout at Levitz.
Left at 10.30, never left this early before.

fishinglakes.com
12-20-2012, 05:12 PM
I went around the lake and talked to some disappointed people since there was no stocking as announced.

Sorry you didn't do well today. We have been announcing for several weeks that the stockings for the Holidays will be on Friday. So tomorrow and next Friday we will stock. These will be EXTRA HEAVY stockings with LOTS of BIG Trout. After that, we will go back to stocking on Thursdays. I have been here at SARL since noon and a lot of people have been cleaning fish. Thanks!

ityperx
12-20-2012, 05:22 PM

I was out there on 12/19 and caught two, farms 7 of them. Out of the 7 two of them appeared to be in the 3-5 lbs range. Was fishing east corner of Chris's pond and later in the afternoon at the left side of the bubble hole. I was using only trout worms all day but I still had blast. The fish is all around the lake, I even fished the corner near the entrance on la Palma farmed two there. Don't stay at one place too long, eventually you'll find the fish.

Indo-angler
12-20-2012, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the info fishing lakes!

I missed the Friday stocking announcement.

Maybe a late bite.

Hotbite909
12-20-2012, 06:33 PM
I was there earlier in the week and we only caught 1 fish between two fisherman. When 11 a.m. came around the bite just went off and we both got limits in the span of a few hours. They where all decent fish. We use power eggs and plastic worms to get the bites. It was a late bite for sure.

OC ANGLER
12-20-2012, 07:41 PM
its like having to learn the lake all over again ! with the way the water is flowing now those old spots might not be the ticket no more ! fish hard they are there just gotta find them :)

tight line'z !

Bebop
12-20-2012, 09:21 PM
So far I have fished SARL three times and haven't gotten skunked and caught all sizes of fish from one and a half # to 9 #. been great fishing there. try everything you can through out and the farther out you cast the better your chances of catching fish. Yes everything is different at the lake because they just cleaned it and made the flow alittle different, but man it is goooood. Jig fishing. try drop shotting. You may be surprised... Good luck out there...

Indo-angler
12-21-2012, 03:18 PM
Thank you for the Good suggestions: moving around, different baits, jigging, dropshot, I did all of that. I am not the bait and wait type. A guy next to me said that watching me fish made him "tired".lol

The 11 o' clock bite comment hit home. Maybe I was a little impatient, since I had a lot of things going on.

Only second time out at sarl. Last week I got a limit on Tuesday, when no one else around me did. At least not by noon.

I used to be a regular and fish this lake hard like 3/4 times a month some years ago, even won a 4' trophy once.

With the new layout and the return to old time stocking, I gladly would like to come back and be a regular once again.