PDA

View Full Version : Kern River Report 12/18-19

Slayinpigssince93
12-20-2012, 11:34 AM
So a buddy and I decided to go camp along the Kern river so that we could have two days of some nice fishing. We looked at the weather reports every hour and it said clear sky's and sun after 11a.m. On Tuesday. So we decided to go and see what the mighty Kern had to offer. Got to our campsite around 7a.m. unloading everything and got the lines in the water. No bites at all the first day, but what we did get was a huge snow storm. We decided to hunker down in our tent like mad men:EyePop: and not let a stupid storm ruin our fishing trip. The next day we woke up after a FREEZING night in our tent, made some breakfast packed up and drove down to Kernville and fished under the bridge. We both caught limit in a 3 hours losing some and hooking some.

We used salmon eggs as bait the fish love it

Tight lines everyone and Happy Holidays:Wink: :Cold Fishing:

Surfer
12-20-2012, 12:39 PM
Any smallies in the Kern??

jaggerbub
12-20-2012, 12:45 PM
I've caught smallies before fishing the upper kern. Caught them dropshotting roboworms.

OC ANGLER
12-20-2012, 01:05 PM
You sir are crazy to camp in a tent up there right now ... lol next time stay at McNally's Fairview Lodge on the kern ! great spot to lodge , eat , and fish !

Slayinpigssince93
12-20-2012, 02:40 PM
Any smallies in the Kern??

Didn't see any or catch any so I'm not sure heard there were some at lower kern.

Slayinpigssince93
12-20-2012, 02:42 PM
You sir are crazy to camp in a tent up there right now ... lol next time stay at McNally's Fairview Lodge on the kern ! great spot to lodge , eat , and fish !

O trust me OC ANGLER it was a first and last time lolll