PDA

View Full Version : C ment hole report

HBAR
12-18-2012, 06:18 PM
Well I'd like to give a fish report but instead I'll give a weather report at the hole. The day started off with a slight drizzle then patchy clouds, bright and sunny, and a little breezy. Around 1230 I decided to stage the gear and pick our spot seeing as how there was only 2 other guys with their kids "soaking bait". The clouds started coming in again the wind would come and go, around 1230 a truck that looks like it came from sanford and son's back yard shows up and the guy "stocks" it with enough trout to feed the birds, which seems like they came out of nowhere all of a sudden.
From there the drizzle would get heavy at times and lighter at others, then out of no where I feel something bounce off my boonie hat and then land on the water then another lands me on the shoulder, SNOW FLAKES! thats right snow flake in lake view terrace! a few more came down then came the hail. In the mean time more fishermen showed up, more bait was soaked got two nibbles and that was about it. By the time I was pulling out only saw one guy walk out with what looked like a 1 pounder and that was it.
Just may go back tomorrow and waste some more bait, and maybe then I'll be able to give some sort of "fishing" report.

Cartman
12-18-2012, 08:08 PM
I'd say that was a pretty good report already what with the snow and hail and everything. Who needs fish when there's a snow report at Hansen? :EyePop:

HBAR
12-18-2012, 08:28 PM
Ya made me laugh!

It was funny watching the pelicans and other "fish" birds trying to get them and they couldn't even score, 5 pelicans flying in a squadron dive bombing, chasing the boil only to come up empty, only one of them was able to paint a trout on its body. Then there's the other bird (sorry don't know it's name), trying to corner the little trout where the cement pier's at, this bird was 0-4 until finally it got a small trout about 6", held it in it's beak until is stopped flopping around, then swallow.
Guess you can call it socal's version of a snow day but the kids (at least mine and those from LAUSD) start their 3 week vacation.

HBAR
12-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Went back this morning seems that the wind cause lockjaw, no one was catching anything not even getting bit

antiman62
12-29-2012, 11:46 AM
HBAR, you seem to be the Hansen Dam answer man so I'm asking you: On the H.D. website it says you can launch a boat under 18' long and using a trolling motor only, would that be on thew lower lake? I looked at aerial photos form 2004 and there doesn't seem to be a launch ramp. I used to fish for catfish and bluegill there as a kid when they had a swimming area and sailboats on the water (40 years ago the lake was much bigger then) and I'd like to take my son there in a boat or on the bank so any relevant info you can supply would be great. Thanks.

HBAR
12-29-2012, 07:01 PM
basically the "real" hansen dam is no more, it's still there but "your not suppose to be fishing or doing anything down here" is what you'll be told if caught. The 9 acre lake (aka the cement or C ment hole) is what they are talking about, yes it is trolling motor only but keep in mind if you do use a trolling motor it must be registered with DMV a "CF" number you take your chances by launching a boat with trolling motor. Park rangers can site you if they come by and check as well as DFG, but the lifeguards that work there will only hound you about wearing a PFD.

antiman62
12-30-2012, 12:49 PM
Thanks. Does anyone ever launch a boat there? It didn't look very boat friendly. I'll have to stop by again and take a closer look.

I have a lot of great memories of the big lake night fishing, 4th of July, Easter, The Carousel... it was a great place.

HBAR
12-30-2012, 08:11 PM
There is a launch ramp no one that I have ever seen has taken anything in there bigger than a kayak, I've float tubed it, kick boated it people have taken in inflatable 2-4 person rafts. It's only 14 ft deep and it's pretty much flat all the way across, closer to the rocks where the water is circulated from, there is a 55 gallon drum. Most everyone who does launch anything into it uses the ramp.