PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Derby Day 1 Late report

5150fishn
12-17-2012, 09:06 PM
Hit the lake friday afternoon to find Ben and his bro (sorry I forgot your name) already in line with the tarp set up and ready for some weather. I hit the tackle shop and chatted up Jimmy and Kewly for a while then headed back to the lineup. Shortly after the crew started to show up. Had a great night of laughs and food with Bobberboy, Seechrisfish, Thisfool, Hometown, Sirsnagsalot, Ben and his bro. Went to bed and was woken up early by Killa Fish Taco at like 3:30 Lol! Fell back to sleep just long enough to let Rooster wake me up! Sleep time over and time to fish. Due to the rain the roads werent driveable so I carried my kayak to the water. Damn that was a long hike. Should have drove the truck down the ramp. Lol! Fishing started slow for me today but by 8:00 it started to go off. Plenty of short bites on the troll today but got 3 quality fish (2- 2.5lbs) to commit and hit my stringer. No bigguns for me today but it was a fun day on the water. Sorry no pics but I know that I would probably drop my camera in the drink if I brought it on my yak. Had fun chasing Rooster around the lake and spending some needed leg stretching on shore for a short while with Chris and John. On my way in I stopped to talk to Candyman and my lure got smoked just sitting idle. Hungry trout or just some Candyman luck rubbing off on me. Chatted with Austin for awhile before I called it a day. Congrats to Rooster on the quali spot and too Trolly for some more quality cats! All my fish came on lures dipped in Bite-on Roe! Good seeing Aaron, Scott, Diego, and the rest of the Bite-on crew slaying as usual.

Thanks again to Irvine lake and staff for putting on such great events!

TaperSteve
12-18-2012, 08:25 AM
Sounds like everybody had a good time.... I surely missed out!

Thanks for posting.... I'll see you next time.

TS

Rooster
12-18-2012, 01:32 PM
Great report as always buddy, Hope we can get out there soon. BTW i my truck smells like garlic :LOL:

OC ANGLER
12-18-2012, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the report 5150 , sounds like the usual awesome time !

PONTOON
12-18-2012, 07:51 PM

It's always great to hear about the comeraderie of all the Team 57 members at the lake. In line or on the water it's always cool to hear about the good times.:Cool:

Good job sticking with it and finding the fish!:Thumbs Up:

I was reading your report about the kitties, I wasn't able to make it out that day so that must have been Trolly! I was waiting for him to pick me up but he never showed!:Envious:

troutdog
12-18-2012, 11:15 PM
Sure wish I coulda joined you guys, thanks for sharing the day.....see you at the lake soon!

TD

5150fishn
12-19-2012, 08:22 AM
Steve you were greatly missed out there bro!
Sounds like everybody had a good time.... I surely missed out!

Thanks for posting.... I'll see you next time.

TS

5150fishn
12-19-2012, 08:25 AM

It's always great to hear about the comeraderie of all the Team 57 members at the lake. In line or on the water it's always cool to hear about the good times.:Cool:

Good job sticking with it and finding the fish!:Thumbs Up:

I was reading your report about the kitties, I wasn't able to make it out that day so that must have been Trolly! I was waiting for him to pick me up but he never showed!:Envious:

Yes it was Trolly! Lol oops! Typing faster than I can think. He was slaying in the Lund machine!

Wingnut
12-20-2012, 11:38 AM
Good times! Congrats on the catch Dan. :Thumbs Up: