PDA

View Full Version : Fishing at DVL

FrazeIb1
12-16-2012, 11:03 AM
Went fishing at DVL yesterday and got (2) LMBs. The parking lot had maybe (10) boats total. I think there were more shore fisherman by far. The water level is dropping but I think that is a good thing. When the water level drops it exposes structure for you to record and keep in your memory bank so when the water rises again you will have that many more go to spots. In the mean time though with the cold weather and the lower water levels the LMB's migrate to the deeper water. I love fishing, I don't care if the bite is wide open or at a snails pace. Right now the bass have lots of bait fish that they are feeding on and you literally have to place the bait right on top of them to get a reaction out of them. Believe it or not the fish still have to eat.

I love having the lake to myself. I also like figuring out the pattern for the day. The bite is tough but that's why we call it fishing and not catching. I'm thankful the price of the boat band for inspection re-entry has disappeared. The fishing will pick back up soon but it doesn't really matter to me. I will fish regardless.

Unitl next time, Tight Lines......

Cadillyak
12-16-2012, 11:26 AM
Nice day on the water considering the conditions. Nice pic too, aside from the hat that is. Lol.

DEVOREFLYER
12-16-2012, 11:31 AM
Great point Fraze. I would guess that a few digital carama pics and those that have GPS could use it to great advantage in the future. Oh and I guess that some of the structure might just look like xmas trees decorated with gear people have lost.:Envious:

iRavensfan
12-16-2012, 11:34 AM
Went fishing at DVL yesterday and got (2) LMBs. The parking lot had maybe (10) boats total. I think there were more shore fisherman by far. The water level is dropping but I think that is a good thing. When the water level drops it exposes structure for you to record and keep in your memory bank so when the water rises again you will have that many more go to spots. In the mean time though with the cold weather and the lower water levels the LMB's migrate to the deeper water. I love fishing, I don't care if the bite is wide open or at a snails pace. Right now the bass have lots of bait fish that they are feeding on and you literally have to place the bait right on top of them to get a reaction out of them. Believe it or not the fish still have to eat.

I love having the lake to myself. I also like figuring out the pattern for the day. The bite is tough but that's why we call it fishing and not catching. I'm thankful the price of the boat band for inspection re-entry has disappeared. The fishing will pick back up soon but it doesn't really matter to me. I will fish regardless.

Unitl next time, Tight Lines......

Nice fish, but the hat is better.
Lakeshow all day :Cool:

aggs234
12-16-2012, 12:04 PM
good attitude , i like the way u put it... catch or no catch , the fun part is finding them learning and taking mental notes on how i can get better...
the good energy you bring will help u catch more fish.. all the negative talk on some posts .... only bring them more skunks.... learning is a process..
...but yess.. its fishing ,not catching....

catching shud be a bonus.....

goood job man ... keep it coming..

i was at dvl last wed..n skunked good to know ur putting in work....

ppl think fish dont eat in the winter ....lol..

ill b bk ...and get my revenge..

can i pay to jump on ur boat sometime ...hahh.....lol

tight lines

SEA ADDICTION
12-16-2012, 12:21 PM
You have an attitude of a TRUE fisherman. There's more to the sport than catching, sounds like you had a grrat day and to top it off you caught a couple fish. Thanks for the report.

FrazeIb1
12-16-2012, 06:20 PM
You have an attitude of a TRUE fisherman. There's more to the sport than catching, sounds like you had a grrat day and to top it off you caught a couple fish. Thanks for the report.

Anytime....DVL is a great fishery and to top it off it's really close to home for me.......5 min away....lol....