PDA

View Full Version : toons OK on the upper lake at castaic ?

Z-TUNAKILLER
09-04-2007, 01:14 PM
Hey Now, what's the deal with the upper lake at castaic, can i fish my toon on it.... it will be registered and have a trolling motor ?

Z

FISH ON !

BakoBassin
09-04-2007, 01:22 PM
I e-mailed them a while back with no response.

I do know of someone who did a couple years back. They saw what he had and gave him the O.K.. I believe he's on this board now, but I remembered him from another board.

ghetto dad
09-04-2007, 07:52 PM
bako knows

Z-TUNAKILLER
09-05-2007, 10:58 AM
HEY NOW, I called Castaic Lake office , I was told that 1 man pontoons that have valid CA registration and a troll motor are permitted on the upper lake as long they have all CL boating requirements.

BOATING CLASSES
AVAILABLE EACH MONDAY FROM APRIL 23 - MAY14, 2007.
New or EXPERIENCED Boaters WELCOME.

NOTE: Be aware that all launching of boats is on a 'weather permitting basis'- we want to make sure your visit to our shores is as safe as possible, and we occasionally get high winds. California Boating Laws, as well as Los Angeles County Ordinances covering boating apply and are enforced. Please read and be familiar with the ABC’s of California Boating below...

All boats are being inspected for life preservers and fire extinguishers at entrance. Each vessel needs one wearable life vest per person PLUS one throwable cushion for boats 16' or over. Gas engines must have a fire extinguisher, even PWCs.

1. Children 12 years of age and younger must wear a Coast Guard approved personal flotation device. (PFD)

2. Vessel operators must be at least 16 years of age.

3. Lake speed limits: Maximum speed limit is 35 MPH. Coves and launch ramp areas are 5 MPH. Refer to map.

4. SWIMMING IS PROHIBITED.

5. Bow riding is prohibited.

6. CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES IS PROHIBITED. L.A. Co. Ord. 17.04.440 .............WTF?

7. Possession of any type of firearm is prohibited.
DAMM , I GUESS GETTING 1 OF THOSE 12pt.+ BUCK'S ON THE BACKSIDE OF THE LAKE ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN?

8. All vessels must possess a valid launch permit, and shall be subject to inspection at any time.

9. Please prepare vessel in the upper parking lot. Park in designated boat/trailer areas ONLY.

10. Launch and retrieve vessels from designated areas.

11. Vessels must carry a Coast Guard approved life preserver for each person on board and at least one fire extinguisher.

12. All vessels, other than Personal Watercraft (PWC) are to stay out of special use areas.

13. Castaic Lake is a drinking water reservoir. FUELING OF ANY VESSEL ON THE WATER IS PROHIBITED.

14. All boats must travel in a COUNTER CLOCKWISE direction.

PERSONAL WATERCRAFT

1. Personal Watercraft may only carry the number of passengers for which it is manufactured.

2. Personal Watercraft may not tow anything, including a skier, inner tube, etc.

3. Personal Watercraft are restricted to the special PWC area of the lake and must travel in a COUNTER CLOCKWISE ROTATION.

4. Passing too close to other vessels can be dangerous at any speed. PWC operators must keep a distance of 25 feet from any other vessel.

5. The owner of any Personal Watercraft is responsible for the actions of anyone who uses his vessel.

6. Castaic Lake is a drinking water reservoir. FUELING OF ANY VESSEL ON THE WATER IS PROHIBITED. FUELING OF PERSONAL WATERCRAFT IS TO TAKE PLACE OUT OF THE WATER.

7. Immediately upon launching, all PWC’s must proceed directly to the special use area at a speed of 5 MPH.

8. Fuel must be stored in the designated fuel area only.

9. VESSEL OPERATORS MUST BE AT LEAST 16 YEARS OF AGE.

FISHING

1. Trolling in the ski area is NOT permitted.

2. All California Fish and Game regulations are strictly enforced.

(** Black bass and Largemouth bass must be at least 18 inches. Limit: 2)

3. Cleaning of fish on the water or shoreline is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

4. Fishing from launch ramps and docks is prohibited.

WATER SKIING/WAKEBOARDING

1. Water Skiing and Wakeboarding are restricted to designated areas. (See map)

2. Ski boats must travel in a COUNTER CLOCKWISE direction.

3. Only one person at a time may be towed on skis or inflatable tubes.

4. All boats towing a skier shall have an OBSERVER not less than 12 years of age.

5. Red ski flags must be used at all times.