PDA

View Full Version : fnn needs a flyfishing message board tnx.

FLYFISHING MD
12-15-2012, 09:28 PM
fnn needs a flyfishing message board tnx. thanks in advance fnn.:Not Worthy:

Cartman
12-16-2012, 07:53 AM

I agree. Flyfishing/Tenkara.

trail blazer
12-16-2012, 07:34 PM
Well,,,,,,i gotta admit that it would be a great adition to FNN,,,,,,,,,,,,Im not a partaker of this style of fishing myself BUT must admit that i totally respect any kind of artificial presintations,,,SO,,

YES,,,,,,,,,,,,It would be nice to have a flyfishing page.

TRAIL BLAZER

WARRIORMIKE
12-17-2012, 08:58 PM
I agree. That would be swell

Piss on Myspace
12-17-2012, 09:09 PM
I agree. That would be swell

Yeah, what he said...lets make this happen

Dci4me
12-17-2012, 09:11 PM
Im for it. :Big Grin:

old pudd fisher
12-17-2012, 09:37 PM
Yeah it would be nice .

DEVOREFLYER
12-17-2012, 09:46 PM
Another vote for YES!!!!!

seal
12-18-2012, 07:33 AM
Flyfishing yes, Tenkara no:LOL:.

Oh and Tenkara people I am kidding.

NFCD I
12-18-2012, 07:49 AM

If I get a vote, I would love to see it added.

Hey Gutierrez, Is that a Hatch reel in you Avitar?

gogreeenz4
12-18-2012, 08:40 AM

YES they defiantly do!!!! Bloddy decks has a fly fishing message board now itss FNN's turn.. :Beer Toast:

Skyler
12-18-2012, 09:25 AM
It's been suggested several times in the past. I'm all for it.

City Dad
12-18-2012, 09:28 AM
I would love a forum to share my tilapia patterns - Robo Algae, Pale Morning Dough and Parachute Cheeto.

seal
12-18-2012, 09:29 AM
I think the mentioning of another website forum having a fly fishing section does little to nothing to convince the powers that be that one would be nice on FNN, in fact I would argue that might just detract from your chances.

seal
12-18-2012, 09:30 AM
I would love a forum to share my tilapia patterns - Robo Algae, Pale Morning Dough and Parachute Cheeto.

Those all sound like excellent carp fly's.

City Dad
12-18-2012, 09:50 AM
Those all sound like excellent carp fly's.

A prolific SoCal tier once showed me how to tie a pattern for the LA River that looks exactly like a sinking piece of Wonder Bread.

gogreeenz4
12-18-2012, 09:57 AM
I think the mentioning of another website forum having a fly fishing section does little to nothing to convince the powers that be that one would be nice on FNN, in fact I would argue that might just detract from your chances.

We are all entitled to our opions weather they are right or wrong an no one is to judge what is right or wrong but at the end of the day we all want the same thing which is to have a flyfishing forum..

fishinarteest
12-18-2012, 10:32 AM

Actually seal I was thinking the same thing. It seems on all of my forums whenever someone uses another forum as an example of why we should do something, the mods will seem to ignore our request all together. But back to the topic at hand, I'm all for a flyfishing section. Though I don't flyfish it'd still be great to read about others experiences.

seal
12-18-2012, 10:38 AM
We are all entitled to our opions weather they are right or wrong an no one is to judge what is right or wrong but at the end of the day we all want the same thing which is to have a flyfishing forum..

I am the judge the jurist and executioner! Well maybe not executioner we have no capital punishment anymore here in Cali..

But really FNN is FNN not BD and the mentioning of other websites is not always a good idea, ya ever wonder why you can't actually type them out completely and have to abreviate or alter?

seal
12-18-2012, 10:40 AM
A prolific SoCal tier once showed me how to tie a pattern for the LA River that looks exactly like a sinking piece of Wonder Bread.

Well we make one that looks just like popcorn for Lake Mead, although have yet to try it, the cool thing there is you can chum with the popcorn legally get um goin then drop a fake one in the middle.

City Dad
12-18-2012, 10:40 AM

But here's the thing, once the over-specialization floodgate is open, then you'll have to start a Power Bait TM forum and then a Garlic Flavor Power Bait TM forum and then a Wild Buffalo Wing Flavor Power Bait TM forum and then a Sour Cream & Chive Power Bait TM forum and on and on until before we know it we got stuff a like a Hand Made Dynamite Wild Rainbow Trout Fishing forum and then... wait a second, what was I talking about?

gogreeenz4
12-18-2012, 11:29 AM
But here's the thing, once the over-specialization floodgate is open, then you'll have to start a Power Bait TM forum and then a Garlic Flavor Power Bait TM forum and then a Wild Buffalo Wing Flavor Power Bait TM forum and then a Sour Cream & Chive Power Bait TM forum and on and on until before we know it we got stuff a like a Hand Made Dynamite Wild Rainbow Trout Fishing forum and then... wait a second, what was I talking about?

:LOL::LOL: dont forget about the smokin cigg butt flavored power bait!! i personally love the Wild Buffalo Flavor

smokehound
12-18-2012, 01:17 PM
What, no mullet snagging forum? :LOL:

The Fishing Queen
12-19-2012, 08:31 AM
Flyfishing yes, Tenkara no:LOL:.

Oh and Tenkara people I am kidding.

No Tenkara? Ouch! Seal, I think that I need to give you another lecture. Lol...

I am also voting yes on this. It would be really nice to have a flyfishing section on FNN. I'd love to see other people share their fly patterns and would also like to learn some new things about fly fishing here.

DarkShadow
12-20-2012, 10:11 AM

I believe the exact pattern I showed you was the Pan Bimbo (emerger) pattern, good sir.

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/9549/panbimbo02b.jpg

Skyler
12-20-2012, 12:36 PM
Every elite fly angler knows that the used condom pattern outfishes everything else on the LAR. I prefer running it with a tampon dropper.

DarkShadow
12-20-2012, 01:45 PM
Every elite fly angler knows that the used condom pattern outfishes everything else on the LAR. I prefer running it with a tampon dropper.

Never under estimate the success that can be had when running a diaper streamer, preferably the Diaper Destroyer.

Skyler
12-20-2012, 02:38 PM
Never under estimate the success that can be had when running a diaper streamer, preferably the Diaper Destroyer.

I prefer the Royal Crapstain with pigeon hackle. The San Juan Syringe is pretty good too.

DarkShadow
12-20-2012, 02:45 PM
I prefer the Royal Crapstain with pigeon hackle. The San Juan Syringe is pretty good too.

Now, only the true LA River aficionados can expertly tie this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_rose) pattern:

http://0.tqn.com/d/alcoholism/1/0/G/-/2/loverose.jpg

City Dad
12-20-2012, 03:07 PM
Now, only the true LA River aficionados can expertly tie this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_rose) pattern:

you're over-thinking, good Gents. All one requires for success is a#14 or #16 Used BandAid. Be-smeared with proper gore it is unsurpassed as a searching pattern.

Skyler
12-20-2012, 03:49 PM

It needs some torch work first. The local carp prefer a nice size bubble and carb on the meth pipe patterns. It should be able to hold at least a half a teener...

seal
12-20-2012, 06:09 PM
No Tenkara? Ouch! Seal, I think that I need to give you another lecture. Lol...

I am also voting yes on this. It would be really nice to have a flyfishing section on FNN. I'd love to see other people share their fly patterns and would also like to learn some new things about fly fishing here.

Hey Queen you know the trout been biting at Silverwood don't ya? I've seen you there before (no I'm not a stalker!). With one of those Tenkara rods you might have a good day.

seal
12-20-2012, 06:16 PM

Hank says crack's some killer bait!

King of the Hill reference there.

The Fishing Queen
12-23-2012, 09:45 PM
Hey Queen you know the trout been biting at Silverwood don't ya? I've seen you there before (no I'm not a stalker!). With one of those Tenkara rods you might have a good day.

Seal, thanks for the info! Good to know that the trout have been biting at Silverwood Lake, but I'm on vacation with my family in San Diego untill new year. I brought a fly rod and a Tenkara rod to see which one works better to catch some fish from the harbor. It's cold and windy here by the ocean.

Not sure if I really met you or not. I might have fished with a friend of mine there once at the lake for an hour or so, then we left and went to the back side of the lake. I did fish a few times on the outskirts of Silverwood in the early summer at some creeks (when they stocked trout there) with my Tenkara rod. But, next time if you see me fish somewhere, please come over and indroduce yourself. :Smile:

LuckyBasser
12-23-2012, 09:59 PM
We need a section dedicated to strictly baitcasting, so every time I post a report, I can put in the title , "baitcasting" and then the lake and species after it.

seal
12-24-2012, 07:39 AM
Seal, thanks for the info! Good to know that the trout have been biting at Silverwood Lake, but I'm on vacation with my family in San Diego untill new year. I brought a fly rod and a Tenkara rod to see which one works better to catch some fish from the harbor. It's cold and windy here by the ocean.

Not sure if I really met you or not. I might have fished with a friend of mine there once at the lake for an hour or so, then we left and went to the back side of the lake. I did fish a few times on the outskirts of Silverwood in the early summer at some creeks (when they stocked trout there) with my Tenkara rod. But, next time if you see me fish somewhere, please come over and indroduce yourself. :Smile:

Yes it was the backside by the creek, I'll toss a fly in there occasionally nice place to practice. That day I got a call and interupted by day or I would have said hi. Lived in San Diego for years (Poway and Lake Hodges), great city!

NFCD I
12-24-2012, 09:52 AM
We need a section dedicated to strictly baitcasting, so every time I post a report, I can put in the title , "baitcasting" and then the lake and species after it.

Why the hate. If fly fishing is added to the board, nothing says you have to go to the trouble of reading it. I say the more information the better when it comes to all types of fishing.

DarkShadow
12-24-2012, 10:11 AM
But what if someone fishes Castaic with the fly?

Will they post on the Castaic forum, or will they post on the future fly fishing forum?

OMG the confusion!

On a serious note, considering how delicate fly fishing waters are, especially in SoCal thanks to everyone and their mom living here, I doubt 'real' fly fisherman would want FURTHER exposure to the handful of areas that many have spent arduous hours finding, and having the information they worked hard for be exposed in a matter of seconds for the entire free world to see. I cannot WAIT for the 'secret' location reports to come up, and the pages of animated discussions on how "it's not a report if you're not posting your exact GPS locations," or the infamous, "why you blacking out the background!?"

The Fishing Queen
12-24-2012, 10:42 AM
On a serious note, considering how delicate fly fishing waters are, especially in SoCal thanks to everyone and their mom living here, I doubt 'real' fly fisherman would want FURTHER exposure to the handful of areas that many have spent arduous hours finding, and having the information they worked hard for be exposed in a matter of seconds for the entire free world to see. I cannot WAIT for the 'secret' location reports to come up, and the pages of animated discussions on how "it's not a report if you're not posting your exact GPS locations," or the infamous, "why you blacking out the background!?"

Very true! I agree on this point. I don't mind sharing info on fly fishing at lakes, but for wild woods, the question can be tricky. We worked hard and did a lot of home work to discover some areas with small water and wild trout. It isn't fair for others just lurking to get the info freely. Plus, some areas with creeks and rivers can't take too much pressure from the heavy traffic. Most of us went through the experience of PMs from strangers asking about where your fishing locations are.

How about a section for us to share fly patterns?*

All of this is just talking, we all know the wish won't come true. It all depends on the webmaster or administrator.

FLYFISHING MD
12-24-2012, 12:00 PM
well........ FNN IS IT YES OR NO....99.9% say yes ...i just got my tenkara and it was a blast at yucaipa... so make it flyfishing/tenkara .... THANKS FNN WEBMASTERS AND FNN ADMINISTRATORS..PLUS CAN U CHANGE MY USER NAME TO FLYFISHING MD THANK'S

DarkShadow
12-24-2012, 01:13 PM
well........ FNN IS IT YES OR NO....99.9% say yes ...i just got my tenkara and it was a blast at yucaipa...

If you want to make sure it continues being 'a blast' at Yucaipa, I'd recommend that you be part of the 0.01% .

Unless of course, you want anybody with access to the Internet in Southern California mysteriously appearing at your spot moments after posting your report, or others' reports.

FLYFISHING MD
12-24-2012, 04:01 PM
If I get a vote, I would love to see it added.

Hey Gutierrez, Is that a Hatch reel in you Avitar?

yes that is a hatch i have 2 of them and they r bad ......sssssss....

NFCD I
12-24-2012, 09:33 PM
yes that is a hatch i have 2 of them and they r bad ......sssssss....

I go to Montana each year for the opening weekend of the Madison with the owners. They are bad.....ssssss.

smokehound
12-24-2012, 09:53 PM
...you mean an "8-inch lmb" forum?

*hides*

FLYFISHING MD
12-25-2012, 10:02 AM
I go to Montana each year for the opening weekend of the Madison with the owners. They are bad.....ssssss.

tell them to sponsor me:Envious:i always tell people how bad......sssss they are...some day all my reels will be hatch ..just got my 3w red last month..send me a pm..thanks