PDA

View Full Version : S.W.A.T. Tap, Tap....Start Overs

murrieta angler
12-15-2012, 07:54 PM
Hit up my new honey hole this morning with John ( Nipple Twister). :Smile:
Arrived around 6:15, while John was already there hitting the surf, and had my line in at 6:20.
It was slow for the first 45 minutes and I thought that conditions were gonna make it a very slow day.
As I was casting out, I noticed a sea lion right in front of me. I cast in his direction and hit him square in the head. :Rolls Eyes:
Well the treble stuck, he booked it and took all my brand new line and brand new LC (13). My fault!
So I headed back to the truck to get more line, I keep an extra 300 yards of line in there, put it on and went back to pleasure…:Big Grin:
Well I guess it was meant to be, cause on my second cast I feel a bump, cast out again and feel a thump ( Must have been Disco Day at the beach )....:LOL:
It was on, and it didn’t take long to reel it in;

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/Mobile%20Uploads/image-2396.jpg

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/gudgersfishing/Mobile%20Uploads/image-1213.jpg

Taped out at 24” and must have been real lethargic....:Tired:, It spit up some bait fish when it hit the sand.
I threw it back into water and kept on fishing.
The high tide was coming in real fast and made for poor conditions.
I ended up with just the one flatty, 1 smelt and 3 perch for a 5 hour day.
A surprise was awaiting for me back at the truck.
I am going to fast forward cause it took this long to see it.
I leave my sushi place, around 5;15, and as I look at the glass, I see a sticker between the windshield and glass.
John gave me a Lucky Craft sticker that I had wanted at HG4. It was there since 11:00 a.m., when John put it there.
Thanks John!!! :Big Smile:
If conditions remain the same, I might head back and see if the honey is still flowing tomorrow.
God Bless Everyone & Have a Safe Holiday Season,
Robert
<><

bachiboy
12-15-2012, 08:20 PM
Way to go Robert!!! I'll be looking for a sea lion sporting jewelry. :LOL: Hopefully he hit the high road after that incident though. I think my lost soldier record is safe till the end of the year but who knows? I'm sure that's one category you'll try and avoid.:Wink: Lookin forward to fishin with you again if you make it out!

Congrats man!!!!
Don

SP Dan
12-15-2012, 08:20 PM
Hi Robert,

Congratulations on another beautiful legal Hali :Thumbs Up:,(1) smelt and (3) perch in your 5 hour session.
I'll be heading out tomorrow morning on a RECON for the elusive 30"+! :)

Thanx for the great read with pic's! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

PONTOON
12-15-2012, 08:45 PM
Robert,

One more legal to add to the total........not bad at all!:Cool:

There's still plenty of time to put some numbers up on the board so I'm looking forward to reading about the final push.:Thumbs Up:

lbc fishin
12-15-2012, 09:29 PM
condrats nics butt ill be headin out suday

Which Way Out
12-16-2012, 08:41 AM
Hey Robert does that qualify for Exotic catch of the year?:LOL:

Nice session and great looking HB.

WWO

Nipple Twister
12-16-2012, 08:51 AM
Robert, what a excellent morning, the weather was cold first thing and the breeze didn't help. With the surf that kept you on your toes, turn your back for a second and you where swamped! "MAN DOWN, MAN DOWN"!:ROFL:

Although you had to work it, it S U R E seemed fishy to me and as usual the Master found 'em. :Thumbs Up:

I got the big goose egg...:Embarrassed: and wanted to stay to beat Pepe' Le' Pew but had limited time available this session :Sad:.......
I have to tell ya, watching your reel go to the end was a cool show, sorry buddy. I could see that you would not let that slow you one bit, nice recover :UDaMan:........ always nice to fish with ya, thx, was good times for sure......

I leave my sushi place, around 5;15, and as I look at the glass, I see a sticker between the windshield and glass.
John gave me a Lucky Craft sticker that I had wanted at HG4. It was there since 11:00 a.m., when John put it there.
Thanks John!!! :Big Smile:

...you are more then welcome....

bloox8
12-17-2012, 07:37 PM
Sorry to hear about your LC. Kind of funny how you hit him on the head though, but totally not worth it lol.
Congrats on the 24"er. Keep on raking them up as the days continue to count down!

Thanks for the report Robert,

Thien

cjmedina
12-17-2012, 11:04 PM
Nice fish robert

Ifishtoolittle
12-17-2012, 11:17 PM
Nice flattie Robert! lol this is why you don't harass the dogs if you want to keep your tackle!

dlmoo312
12-18-2012, 01:57 PM
Congrats on another legal, Robert!
It's a good thing you keep extra line with you:Smile:
Thanks for the report and happy holidays!

-Daniel

bones
12-18-2012, 02:44 PM
Now Ya didn't think I was going to let your 8th legal go down in the books this year without a comment did ya....BROMIGO!
Good job out there Roberto.......

Note to self.....

I also burn my bait right at those dogs. They usually bail as soon as they think you are trying to hit them rather than the old "I'll avoid her ...... Hide and seek thing" but the secret is NOT BEING SO ACCURATE BROTHA....LOL
So...If I ever do hit the dog right on the money.......Time to button down or grab your spool REAL FAST.....Your line has to snap at the knot but if you are tossing with braid....You are screwed for sure!

Thanks for the entertaining report Robert. I told Arthur that if we end up in a tie...... We have to add up the inches of all of our legals to determine the winner...LOL

Gotcha:ROFL:

blackwater
12-18-2012, 07:00 PM
We're in OT for Mike and Robert. Two surf warriors duking it out for the coveted most legal Halibut SWAT award. :Twisted:
Who will pull the Rabbit out of the hat going into the final stretch? Good luck brothers! :Big Grin:

Wingnut
12-18-2012, 07:02 PM

Most definitely, but I think he would have to actually "land" the catch to qualify, lol :LOL:

murrieta angler
12-21-2012, 06:22 AM
Way to go Robert!!! I'll be looking for a sea lion sporting jewelry. :LOL: Hopefully he hit the high road after that incident though. I think my lost soldier record is safe till the end of the year but who knows? I'm sure that's one category you'll try and avoid.:Wink: Lookin forward to fishin with you again if you make it out!

Congrats man!!!!
Don

Hey Don,
Sorry to hear about the lousy conditons down there last weekend.
Also, to bad you couldn't stay for a Monday session, it sounded real nice.
I'm going to try to head out this weekend, but Sheila has alot of plans for me...:Angry:
Yes, I go down fighting...:Big Grin:
Take Care Brotha,
Robert
<><

Hi Robert,

Congratulations on another beautiful legal Hali :Thumbs Up:,(1) smelt and (3) perch in your 5 hour session.
I'll be heading out tomorrow morning on a RECON for the elusive 30"+! :)

Thanx for the great read with pic's! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

Hey Dan,
I'm trying to catch that guy in front of me, but he keeps catching them also...:Envious:
Hope to fish with you before the year end.
Robert
<><

Robert,

One more legal to add to the total........not bad at all!:Cool:

There's still plenty of time to put some numbers up on the board so I'm looking forward to reading about the final push.:Thumbs Up:

Thanks Terry,
I hope you hit the surf before the year is up.
It might be holding your X-mas dinner...:Wink:
Happy Holidays Brotha,
Robert
<><

condrats nics butt ill be headin out suday

Thank You.
Robert
<><

Nice session and great looking HB.

WWO

Only if I landed it...:Smile:
I don't think I would have wanted to mess with it after I donked it in the head...:LOL:
Take Care,
Robert
<><

Robert, what a excellent morning, the weather was cold first thing and the breeze didn't help. With the surf that kept you on your toes, turn your back for a second and you where swamped! "MAN DOWN, MAN DOWN"!:ROFL:

Although you had to work it, it S U R E seemed fishy to me and as usual the Master found 'em. :Thumbs Up:

I got the big goose egg...:Embarrassed: and wanted to stay to beat Pepe' Le' Pew but had limited time available this session :Sad:.......
I have to tell ya, watching your reel go to the end was a cool show, sorry buddy. I could see that you would not let that slow you one bit, nice recover :UDaMan:........ always nice to fish with ya, thx, was good times for sure......

...you are more then welcome....

Always good to fish with you John.
You are a determined individual and that's why you have gotten some quality fish this year...:Big Grin:
Hopefully next year will produce better numbers for everyone, as far as halibuts go.
Merry Xmas,
Robert
<><

Sorry to hear about your LC. Kind of funny how you hit him on the head though, but totally not worth it lol.
Congrats on the 24"er. Keep on raking them up as the days continue to count down!

Thanks for the report Robert,

Thien

Howdy Thien,
It's always a good time in the surf.:Smile:
If a nice fish is caught, BONUS!
If not, there is always the peace and harmony that comes with beauty of the coast...:Cool:
Hope you and Shallom have a great holiday season,
Robert
<><

Nice fish robert

Carlos!!!
Dude, where have you been?
I hope all is well at home.
You and your family are in my Prayers.
Take Care,
Robert
<><

Nice flattie Robert! lol this is why you don't harass the dogs if you want to keep your tackle!

Hey Bryan,
It cost me about $30 that day. :Rolls Eyes:
Oh well, that's why I work...:Big Grin:
Take Care,
Robert
<><

Congrats on another legal, Robert!
It's a good thing you keep extra line with you:Smile:
Thanks for the report and happy holidays!

-Daniel

Hey Daniel,
I always keep extra line, leads, swimmies, LC's...you name it, cause you never know...:Wink:
Hope you enjoy your time off from school,
Robert
<><

Now Ya didn't think I was going to let your 8th legal go down in the books this year without a comment did ya....BROMIGO!
Good job out there Roberto.......

Note to self.....

I also burn my bait right at those dogs. They usually bail as soon as they think you are trying to hit them rather than the old "I'll avoid her ...... Hide and seek thing" but the secret is NOT BEING SO ACCURATE BROTHA....LOL
So...If I ever do hit the dog right on the money.......Time to button down or grab your spool REAL FAST.....Your line has to snap at the knot but if you are tossing with braid....You are screwed for sure!

Thanks for the entertaining report Robert. I told Arthur that if we end up in a tie...... We have to add up the inches of all of our legals to determine the winner...LOL

Gotcha:ROFL:

Brother Bones,
I didn't even know that we were tied....:Twisted: :LOL:
You bet your "butt" i'm trying to take the leader board, but this weekend might not be the time to do so...:Sad:
I was hoping a bunch of us could get together, say the last weekend of the month, and tear up some beach.
Whatcha think?!?
Robert
<><

We're in OT for Mike and Robert. Two surf warriors duking it out for the coveted most legal Halibut SWAT award. :Twisted:
Who will pull the Rabbit out of the hat going into the final stretch? Good luck brothers! :Big Grin:

Hey Phuong,
Mike has the advantage this weekend, but I'll have 6 days in a row to hit the salt, starting next Thursday...:Wink:
Have A Nice Weekend,
Robert
<><

Most definitely, but I think he would have to actually "land" the catch to qualify, lol :LOL: