PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood 12-14-12

Jmac
12-15-2012, 07:47 AM
The one that got away.... Shore fished over at the point by rock quarry at about 8am until noon. Saw quite a bit of striper chasing fish up against the rocks. Picked up a trout pattern storm kickin stick about a month ago and had yet to get a hit on it and was determined to. Threw right into where I saw some action and within a few seconds... fish on! And he felt big. Had to loosen my drag a few times. Unfortunately with the set up I have, I'm only using 10lb test. Fought him for about 5 minutes and the unthinkable happened, loose line. I might have cried like a school girl but not sure. Lost the fish, lost the lure. Used what I thought was a nice strong palomar knot. Had nightmares last night. Take care

TroutOnly
12-15-2012, 08:08 AM
THATS FISHIN PAL ,GO BACK AND GET THEM,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,

seal
12-15-2012, 08:16 AM
Chasing fish against the shore? Rainbows or shad? Haven't been back there for a while, good to hear there is action, sorry about the one that got away, Storm's are an old standby.

steve092
12-15-2012, 09:40 AM
Sucks to lose the big one but good job hooking up one something. I fished near that area for about two hours throwing hudds and spros but didn't get even a chaser. Saw one boil but it was a trout.

fishinone
12-15-2012, 04:57 PM
Condolences.

It's always the big one that gets away.

carpanglerdude
12-16-2012, 03:18 PM
Great report, thanks. Sorry about the loss!