PDA

View Full Version : 12/13/12 Fishing Report at Santa Ana River Lake

bo1xdream
12-13-2012, 05:07 PM
I went for the first time to Santa Ana Lake today early in the morning. It was raining the whole ride there but surprisingly it totally stopped raining as soon as i got there. 'lucky me'

I heard the shores gets packed on a normal day. Today there wasn't a lot of people at all. I moved around a few times around the whole lake just to get accustomed to the area. Quite small but boy were they hittin'. Fish got stocked in the morning. People were hittin' them left and right. Around 7am i literally saw about 50 fish jump from the water not too far from shore. It was pretty cool to watch. I even saw people grabbing their net-poles and were catching them as they got close to the shore. I used 2 rods, 1 for night-crawlers and the other for rainbow-powerbait-dough. I didnt get one nibble on the night crawler all day so i just ditched the batch. Everyone including me were catching em on powerbait. I caught so many that i ran out of powerbait so i went to the bait shop and they only had eagle claw dough so i bought it and omg not even one nibble on it the whole day! so disappoint. In total i caught 4 fish which i will be posting later. Im going again tonight with a friend that has never gone fishing so should be fun :D

Poxy Boggards
12-14-2012, 01:58 PM
Congrats on a sucessful trip to SARL. You must have been using 1/4 of a jar of powerbait per bait up if you ran out after 4 fish...LOL

angelsfan951
12-14-2012, 02:18 PM
way to go out there i plan on going sunday and hopefully i have as much fun. BTW hopefully ur not C&R fish while using powerbait

Mr T-rex
12-14-2012, 02:46 PM
Lol i was about to say the samething haha!!

Congrats on a sucessful trip to SARL. You must have been using 1/4 of a jar of powerbait per bait up if you ran out after 4 fish...LOL