PDA

View Full Version : New Del Mar, Half Day Trip, 12/11

connordoyle
12-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Howdy,

I went by myself on the AM half day trip on the New Del Mar out of MDR. I desperately wanted to try and land some ling cod before the season ended..no luck...:Crying: It was actually pretty dang slow till about 10:15 or so. We bounced around to 3 or 4 different locations and got skunked every time. A few people landed a rock fish, grouper and sand dab early on. To avoid total skunk-age we went sculpin fishing with great results, I limited out within 35 minutes and then continued to catch and release or give away. I saw 2 ling cod being caught one being probably about 14" and the other just a baby. Only a few rockfish being caught and the jackpot was given to a real fat Red. Either way, I had a good time made some friends and took home a few delicious dinners. It also was completely gorgeous out, so that was a plus.

cheers!

Connor

Ifishtoolittle
12-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Nice job! Scullies are a great route for saving the day. BTW how deep did you guys fish throughout the day? Was it crowded? And did you go on the AM or PM trip?

Tunaslam
12-13-2012, 08:00 AM
Good effort, too bad the Lings didn't want to play. They have been catching quite a few lately!

JapanRon
12-13-2012, 03:43 PM
Hi connordoyle,

Good job and better luck on the Ling on your next trip before 01 / 01 / 13 !! :)

JapanRon

connordoyle
12-15-2012, 05:44 PM
I was told we were fishing between 200 and 250 feet. It wasn't too crowded at all until everyone starting casting to the same spots. I took the AM trip and after i read the fish count it looks like i should of taken the pm. Rockfish bite came on in the afternoon I guess.