PDA

View Full Version : BBL 12-8 & 12-9 Double Skunk

etaggart
12-10-2012, 06:39 AM
Woke later than normal (just after sunrise) to head out for probably the last Big Bear tubing run of the season. Drove to Windy Point but a little bit breezy (and it was 20 degrees) so I moved on to Boulder Bay. Still weedier than heck. Weeds were still thick about 100 yards out into the bay past the inner bay. Almost no wind at all until maybe 9:30. Worked up and down the ridge to the mouth of the bay and only had 2 taps on the fly the whole time. Nothing on the Powerbait deep under a bobber. Off the water about 11am with two cold feet.

JMyTuna reported 4 nice trout (with pix) from Windy Point area later in morning once the breeze started to pickup and put a ripple on the water.

Woke a little later Sunday and launched at Windy Point to find JMyTuna already on the water with one in the bag. Absolutely no wind on the entire lake until about 9:30 again - absolutely gorgeous and if the water weren't so cold it would have been amazing wake boarding conditions! Clear water must have turned off the trout. J hooked one beautiful trout while we were fishing together, but it spit the lure while reeling in. I had a couple taps on the fly but no takers.

Tough weekend of fishing with no catching, beautiful weather. Saw some one the shore catching a few dinks, but it didn't look like much action there. Expecting a small snow storm this week, so I think that's it for me this calendar year!

Cheers,

Eric

jmytuna
12-10-2012, 10:15 AM
Great weather, just slow pic in the fishing dept. Nice fishing with you. My feet are still numb. Probably last tube sesh for me as well but if lake stays ice free who knows.