PDA

View Full Version : Quick Legal!

bloox8
12-09-2012, 03:32 PM
Saturday 12/8
Short report for a quick surf session. No pics sorry!

My friend invited me out for a quick kayak session in the LBC area. With all my finals next week, I didn't know what to do :Shocked::Shocked: Remembering and missing the days on the surf, I finally decided that I would go out for a really quick morning session and get back to the library and study my !@# off until my brain can't take it anymore.

I arrived at the A.O early at about 5:30am so that I can sling the LC for a bit before my friend got there. Got there at peak high tide 5.2 ft. Water was surprisingly warm at 62 F. Conditions were super flat... no wind... no salad... really distinct troughs... perfect :Cool:. First cast, I slow-rolled the LC over the trough and BOOM I get a hit about 5 ft out. He put up a good short fight. He came out to 23.5" :Smile::Smile::Smile: My 5th legal this year. I only brought pliers with me so I quickly let him go with no pics. About 3 cast later I land another, but this one was not even 12". A minute later my friend calls and I tell him to surf fish with me a little but nope.. he would rather launch the kayak so I had to leave :Crying:

Its going to rain soon so get out there and enjoy the nice conditions before it swings!

Thanks for reading,

Thien

Wingnut
12-09-2012, 04:54 PM
Nice job Thien, way to go on another legal Hali! :Big Grin:
Who has the legal Halibut lead between you and Daniel?
We have something in common today... :Wink:

Jaysuuun
12-09-2012, 08:50 PM
Nice job on the quick legal Thien. You did pretty well for yourself this year. Keep it up. :Cool:

dlmoo312
12-09-2012, 09:08 PM
Congrats on another legal man! Was it on the disco sardine??
I can't wait until i'm able to get out there again, I'm starting to get some serious withdrawals! lol

Thien has me beat 5 to 3. I don't think i'll be able to make a final stand this year, but i'll be ready for the next round in 2013:Wink:

skunked4life
12-10-2012, 09:04 AM
I can't wait until i'm able to get out there again, I'm starting to get some serious withdrawals! lol

Thien has me beat 5 to 3. I don't think i'll be able to make a final stand this year, but i'll be ready for the next round in 2013:Wink:

Nice job Thien!

Daniel, still about 3 weeks left in 2012. To quote the famous faux-boxer commonly known as the "Italian Stallion":
"It ain't over 'till its over."

DanyoWanyo
12-10-2012, 09:57 AM
nice job on the legal and good luck on finals

murrieta angler
12-10-2012, 07:18 PM
Nice job Thien!
Sometimes those quick little excursions pay off nicely...:Smile:
Just ask Wingnut, he does it all the time...:Envious: :Secret: :LOL:

Don't give up Daniel, I haven't.
Now that I have a new honey hole, I plan on making a charge for the leader board...:Wink:

Take Care Guys,
Robert
<><

bachiboy
12-11-2012, 08:35 AM
Way to go Thien!!!! Great job making the most outta that short session. Best of luck on the finals too!

Congrats!
Don

SP Dan
12-11-2012, 09:18 AM
Howdy bloox8,

Not bad at all my friend! WTG on yet another legal!
You've pasted me by, I've only landed 3 legals out of approx 40 or so Hali's landed so far this year.

I can count on one hand the number of times that I have great success landing a legal in the first 30 minutes of casting! WTG!

Thanx Thien for the fun read!

SP Dan <"))><

Kidfish
12-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Hey now BOOM is my thing.jk Nice job!!!!!!

bloox8
12-13-2012, 09:47 AM
Thanks Arthur! Daniel said it up there, I have him beat by two but only because I've gone more than him :Smile:

Nice job on the quick legal Thien. You did pretty well for yourself this year. Keep it up. :Cool:
Thanks Jason. And I have to personally thank FNN for showing me the path that got me this far and Arthur for giving me my first (lucky) LC that caught me all my monster fish :Big Grin:

Thanks bro! No it wasn't on the disco but for sure the next is going to be :LOL: Imma win that deal man! I will have a solid two weeks after finals until the years up so try to get a day off. Good Luck with your DAT dude.

Nice job Thien!

Daniel, still about 3 weeks left in 2012. To quote the famous faux-boxer commonly known as the "Italian Stallion":
"It ain't over 'till its over."
Thanks Ken! You're definitely right! Last year I landed a striper on the last day of the year and I plan to finish this year with effort :Guns:

nice job on the legal and good luck on finals
Thanks! Finals are going good so far. Just two left and its all over!

Nice job Thien!
Sometimes those quick little excursions pay off nicely...:Smile:
Just ask Wingnut, he does it all the time...:Envious: :Secret: :LOL:

Don't give up Daniel, I haven't.
Now that I have a new honey hole, I plan on making a charge for the leader board...:Wink:

Take Care Guys,
Robert
<><
Thanks Robert! Good luck at landing one (or more) of those awesome trophies. Maybe you should put on some 1lb test and make a run for "Most Lost LCs" :LOL::LOL:

Way to go Thien!!!! Great job making the most outta that short session. Best of luck on the finals too!

Congrats!
Don
Thanks Don! I will do my best! Good luck on trying to not to lose anymore LCs Lol :LOL:

Howdy bloox8,

Not bad at all my friend! WTG on yet another legal!
You've pasted me by, I've only landed 3 legals out of approx 40 or so Hali's landed so far this year.

I can count on one hand the number of times that I have great success landing a legal in the first 30 minutes of casting! WTG!

Thanx Thien for the fun read!

SP Dan <"))><
Thank you Dan. I may have a little more legals than you but you definitely have me beat overall with your Stripers, WSBs, +30", and then some :Not Worthy: I am sure you'll pull another beast out before the year is up.

Hey now BOOM is my thing.jk Nice job!!!!!!
Thanks C. I'll make sure to put quotes and cite your name next time I use "BOOM" :LOL:

blackwater
12-14-2012, 05:47 PM
Well done on the legal Flatty. Good to see they're still biting in the cold weather.