PDA

View Full Version : Tuber ? about the "new" SARL...

socal114
12-09-2012, 09:41 AM
I was wondering if SARL is more tuber friendly after the construction upgrade. The biggest problem in the past was the deep dropoff from 10-30 ft. close to shore making it difficult to fish good water without interfering with shore anglers. Can anyone who tubed the opener provide some info on this??

Frequent Flyer
12-09-2012, 11:03 AM
I was on shore on friday and saw the tubers hooking up just as much as we were on the shore. The fish were farther out and boiling around them, just be courteous and don't troll right where we're casting. Warning shots will be fired after a couple passes

CHOPIZ
12-09-2012, 11:14 AM
I tubed friday i would start just outside of the bubble whole passed all the shore fisherman and letting the current push me while i bounced jiggs,i did really well like that!

phishin phool
12-09-2012, 01:53 PM
I was on shore on friday and saw the tubers hooking up just as much as we were on the shore. The fish were farther out and boiling around them, just be courteous and don't troll right where we're casting. Warning shots will be fired after a couple passes
Be careful about who you are firing "warning shots" at. You don't know who or what that person is about, might be more trouble than you can handle:Big Grin:

blakeb
12-09-2012, 02:30 PM
I tubed there on Friday and double limited pretty fast with a cast master and some jigs

socal114
12-09-2012, 02:46 PM
Be careful about who you are firing "warning shots" at. You don't know who or what that person is about, might be more trouble than you can handle:Big Grin:
:EyePop:@Phool

socal114
12-09-2012, 02:55 PM
I respect the shore angler when tubing which is why I don't normally tube SARL and posed this question. That's great to hear a lot of folks doing well on the tube out there. I would still like to know if the lake bottow layout changed any after the new construction. Anyone using a meter/finder that noticed shallower water further from shore. Maybe Craig will speak up if he's seen this thread. Before, you would have that steep drop off 30 ft. from shore...

Frequent Flyer
12-09-2012, 03:31 PM
I respect the shore angler when tubing which is why I don't normally tube SARL and posed this question. That's great to hear a lot of folks doing well on the tube out there. I would still like to know if the lake bottow layout changed any after the new construction. Anyone using a meter/finder that noticed shallower water further from shore. Maybe Craig will speak up if he's seen this thread. Before, you would have that steep drop off 30 ft. from shore...

That's kind of how it is, i heard them saying about 25-35 feet out it was 26 feet deep. That's where the fish were though

phishin phool
12-09-2012, 04:06 PM
:EyePop:@Phool
What? Just a lil friendly advise......lol. Jeff I think they have some topo maps available on fishinglakes.com website you can download em.

fishinglakes.com
12-09-2012, 05:10 PM

Hi socla114,
Yes, we took a lot of photos after the work was done at the Lake and posted them on the website. You will find a link on the front page at www.fishinglakes.com that says something like SARL Topography. There are a lot of areas that drop off like before and a lot of new areas where there are shelfs and shallow areas where several roads were cut along the banks that provide excellent structure areas for the fish to stack up.

The biggest change, and the reason why the fish are being caught in deeper water and not 8 to 10 foot from shore like in the past, is that the water flow through the whole lake system has changed so that the water quality and oxygen content will be much more uniform all over the Lake. The water is now purged from the bottom first, so all the new fresh water stays until it makes its way to the bottom and is drained out. This insures a complete and constant exchange of fresh new water through the Lakes. The Water District said this should have been done a long time ago and will probably make it unnecessary to drain and clean the Lakes for a long time, which would be GREAT!

People found this weekend, that they could be much farther from shore in a boat or float tube and catch plenty of fish. Additionally, the shore anglers were casting much farther away from shore to catch their trout. Many of our long time regulars that were used to just a short cast, were stumped at first, but quickly figured out the fish were much deeper. Several people using deep diving lures or plugs from boats and tubes did very well on some of the bigger trout and others that trolled the lake, also did well.

So again, we are very excited about the changes and we expected positive results, this past weekend confirmed it for us. Guys, you are going to have a great Trout Season this year, no doubt about it and we will keep heavily stocking EVERY week WITHOUT fail, "Old School" style!!

BTW, if ANYBODY intentionally casts a warning shot at anybody, NO MATTER the reason, IMMEDIATELY report it to Management at the Tackle Shop and we WILL take care of it GUARANTEED!!

AGAIN, thanks for making this one of the BEST Trout Opener ever, and THANKS for all your support, we really appreciate it!
Craig

socal114
12-09-2012, 05:31 PM
Thanks for reply and detailed info, Craig...Planning on coming out tomorrow and giving it a shot. Corona has been a tough bite with the algae bloom right now.

fishinglakes.com
12-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Thanks for reply and detailed info, Craig...Planning on coming out tomorrow and giving it a shot. Corona has been a tough bite with the algae bloom right now.

Good luck to you at SARL.

Have not heard that about Corona.... I was there yesterday taking photos and a lot of beautiful fish came to the scales. In fact, Wes Wright, and a few of his buddies, really nailed a huge stringer of quality trout and a few nice crappie. They fished from a pontoon in the northeast corner by the trees. Here is a link to their stringer from yesterday. https://www.dropbox.com/s/7qwhsmwtcy5hr8a/WesCorona.jpg

Thanks,
Craig

phishin phool
12-09-2012, 06:33 PM
BTW, if ANYBODY intentionally casts a warning shot at anybody, NO MATTER the reason, IMMEDIATELY report it to Management at the Tackle Shop and we WILL take care of it GUARANTEED!!

AGAIN, thanks for making this one of the BEST Trout Opener ever, and THANKS for all your support, we really appreciate it!
Craig
Thank you Craig for addressing this, as a regular at Corona I have seen alot of this and it is very frustrating. I try and be considerate of the shore guys and have seen on many occasion shore anglers hucking big sinkers at tubers. A friendly "hey your getting too close" or "watch out for my line" goes a lot farther that hucking a 3oz sinker with a 13' surf rod.
I wan't to add that I really enjoy the changes you guys have made this year, it really is off to a great start!
Edit: 3oz....slight exaggeration, but you all know what I am talking about

fishinglakes.com
12-09-2012, 06:39 PM
Thank you Craig for addressing this, as a regular at Corona I have seen alot of this and it is very frustrating. I try and be considerate of the shore guys and have seen on many occasion shore anglers hucking big sinkers at tubers. A friendly "hey your getting too close" or "watch out for my line" goes a lot farther that hucking a 3oz sinker with a 13' surf rod.
I wan't to add that I really enjoy the changes you guys have made this year, it really is off to a great start!

Thanks, your kind words are greatly appreciated. We WILL keep up the good work.
Craig

Frequent Flyer
12-09-2012, 06:44 PM
I totally get it with the warning shots, I'm a tuber also. Wasn't throwing anything over and 1/8th oz but it's the thought that counts. Is there a management number to call when 3 ounces are getting thrown?

fishinglakes.com
12-09-2012, 07:11 PM
I totally get it with the warning shots, I'm a tuber also. Wasn't throwing anything over and 1/8th oz but it's the thought that counts. Is there a management number to call when 3 ounces are getting thrown?

Yes, you call the Tackle Shop and ask for the Manager on duty. SARL (714) 632-7851, Corona (951) 277-3321.
Please call anytime you see someone doing anything wrong or breaking the Lake Rules. We would appreciate being IMMEDIATELY notified about the problem. Don't wait several hours or until the end of the day to report it, otherwise it becomes difficult if not impossible to do anything about the situation.
Thank you,
Craig