PDA

View Full Version : Lake Skinner Bass Report (late) + Video

carpanglerdude
12-08-2012, 10:51 AM
[Late Report, trip was early November]
Got to fish Lake Skinner with two other FNN members (thanks, guys!). We rented a boat and spent some time fighting the wind before we could find a nice spot. Water was a little choppy and the anchor wasn't help much, so we stuck near the coves. There was a a lot of baitfish, baby bass, etc hiding amongst the reeds, got a few shots of them in the video. Didn't see any striper action, but saw a few anglers trolling for them. We tossed soft plastics, topwaters, crankbaits, swimbaits and more. Towards the end of the day, we found a really nice, protected cove with very calm water. Immediately started seeing big largemouth crusing the reed lines, some would follow our swimbaits back to the boat but wouldn't hit. We landed a few dinks on soft plastics, and got one chunky 2.5lb largemouth on a senko, near the reeds. Fun day, tough to try out a new lake, but still enjoyed it.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WX5w-ENZ20 (Thumbs up for the loads of baitfish!)

GhettoBasster
12-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Nice video. That was a nice fish; it save our day. I really liked the tules and inlets in that lake. I'll definitely be back.

iRavensfan
12-08-2012, 11:28 PM
NICE Video bro

reeds is where i WILL be ;) haha

carpanglerdude
12-09-2012, 08:40 PM
I forgot to mention, we went on a weekday. No weekend crowd in site. The weather wasn't exactly optimal for loads of boats to be on the water. There was quite a few trout anglers on the shore near one of the docks, rumor had it that they were planning on stocking soon.

Yeah, reeds was where it was at

iRavensfan
12-09-2012, 09:31 PM
I forgot to mention, we went on a weekday. No weekend crowd in site. The weather wasn't exactly optimal for loads of boats to be on the water. There was quite a few trout anglers on the shore near one of the docks, rumor had it that they were planning on stocking soon.

Yeah, reeds was where it was at

im going tomm. just for late morning bite.
gonna go with the trout buddy. ekk. u know how that goes.
might toss a jig somewhere though while hes waiting for those trout ;)
most likely by south shore

GhettoBasster
12-09-2012, 10:23 PM
What I found interesting is that we were bumbling around in our rental with its noisy outboard, and we still saw a few decent-sized bass swim right up to us and even follow one of our Huddlestons to the boat a few times. I wonder if we would have done better with a trolling motor? For sure the baitfish weren't scared by all our noise including the anchor as the video shows.