PDA

View Full Version : Totally Tubular Report 12/7/12 2fer weekend! Day 1

FKNChristopH
12-07-2012, 06:19 PM
Short report:
Time - 1100 wet, 1500 dry.
fish count - 4 bows, 1 steelie, 1 largemouth released then parished (pelican)
Location - West shore/mid lake.
Temp - 62*F
Depth - 21-34 feet
Method of destruction - Trout king white/red sparkle mini jig with pink power worm and split shot pink power worm dipped in Bite-On Roe.

Well.. Again, I went out drinking last night and did not wake up til 9. Out of the house after some eggs around 10. Got to the lake a little around 1045, launched the tube at 1100. I paid for nightcrawlers only to leave them on the counter. Thanks Kewly for lettting Jimmy know I'd come back later haha. launched near trout island and headed for the west shore. First bite was at 1300. White /red sparkle mini jig dipped in Bite-On Roe gets slammed by a bass deep. Inflated swim bladder that I couldnt pop with a needle and he was unfortunately lost to a pelican. 1330 I land the steelhead. First for me and it was sick. Took a little bit to get it in :Wink: but I netted it. Purty fish if you ask me. Went a little over 2 on the rapala scale. Slowed down until about 1430, got one before I left the West shore, and about mid lake I get absolutely slammed on a split shotted pink power worm covered in Bite-On Roe. Little one but as i was reeling it in, I left my minijig hang off the side and it got bit as soon I netted the first fish, went a little under 2. After I unhook the minijig fish, I redip the bait and cast out, saying one more and I can go home.. Sure enough my minijig gets inhaled again. Went a little over 2. Darn, nothing big today. Bite-On was the key. They wanted dead sticked, twitched, or slow rolled. I'll be there again tomorrow.

Ran into OC_Angler and talked with him for a bit before I went to the fillet board.

Pictures make them look small for some reason :Rolls Eyes:
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a247/sebastian562/2012-12-07_15-52-59_252.jpg

*shakkkaaa*

phishin phool
12-07-2012, 07:12 PM
Nice job out there today, you did better than me I farmed 5 and got 2 to the net, best action for me was pink jigs also. Fished from 7-12. I think I may have exchanged greetings w/you on my way in. Good luck tomorrow, hopefully I wont be farmer john again:Big Grin:

FKNChristopH
12-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Your toob looks familiar.. I think i did talk to you. You reminded me to switch back up to pink. good luck tomorrow!

*shakka*