PDA

View Full Version : Tubing at Elsinore?

working4golf
08-31-2007, 09:39 AM
Hey all,

I have heard that there has been quite a bit of action at Elsinore lately, but I was on various websites and can't find anything saying if tubes/toons are allowed.

Anybody know if they are allowed?? Do the normal park fees/launch fees apply or do you just find a spot and fish?

Any recomendations where to launch and what works there?? I plan to check it out this weekend.

Thanks!

fish4lunkers
09-04-2007, 04:03 PM
I have often wondered the same thing. There is nothing in the rules that says no or yes. There is body contact allowed, theres always people swimming sking and playing in the water. but i have been to elsinoe alot and havent seen anyone float tubing. If i were to guess i would say yes you can, they let you get away with everything else at this lake! But it is a very big lake so covering water would be a big problem.

FngRHooKr
09-05-2007, 10:20 AM
I talked to a Ranger the other day and he said that anything on the lake that is not self powered has to have a lake pass and anything 12' or over has to have CF numbers. I have a 12' Electric boat that I launch from Roadrunner RV park on Riverside Dr. I usally fish the wood either East or West of the launch with good results.

Paul

working4golf
09-05-2007, 12:47 PM
I talked to a Ranger the other day and he said that anything on the lake that is not self powered has to have a lake pass and anything 12' or over has to have CF numbers. I have a 12' Electric boat that I launch from Roadrunner RV park on Riverside Dr. I usally fish the wood either East or West of the launch with good results.

Paul

Soooo, leg powered and less than 12' means free to launch....from pretty much anywhere?? Does the Roadrunner RV park allow access to the general public, or do you have an 'in'??

Thank you for the info.

FngRHooKr
09-05-2007, 03:00 PM
They allow anyone to enter but they charge a day use. I have heard there are places to launch for free, but because I have a 12' electric boat I need the lake pass. There is another place to launch right past roadrunner coming from the freeway but I do not remember the name. It puts you a little closer to the wood in the north west corner.

Paul

socalfishing
09-10-2007, 12:24 AM
free tube launch, U.S. Coast Guard requirements apply. Launch from the north shore are ONLY. This is important to know, because alot of the boaters just don't give a darn and zip around on that lake like crazy. Wear full chest waders too, alot of oil spills happen there during the busy summer months.

working4golf
09-10-2007, 09:17 AM
Thank you everyone!

ThemBastards
09-10-2007, 03:23 PM
I would think it would be very dangerous in the main body of water, jet skis, wake boarders, other PBer's.

I see floaters almost every time I go to the inlet channell though. I usually see them hookin up too.

FngRHooKr
09-11-2007, 12:33 PM
There is a generous no wake zone all the way around the lake. Just stay inside and it is fine.

FngRHooKr
09-26-2007, 10:18 AM
Went out again yesteday and there is a nice place to launch off of Grand Ave. It is a park called Perret park. It is right on the water with parking and there is some good fishing north and south.

Just talked to a Lake offical and float tubes do not require a lake pass but toons that are electric or rowed do.

Paul

working4golf
09-26-2007, 11:31 AM
Great info, thanks for the help!

Any luck with the fish??

FngRHooKr
09-26-2007, 03:04 PM
I have been 5 times over the past month and have caught fish every time. I always go in the afternoon if I can sneak out of work early and fish until sunset. Most bass are between 1.5-2.5 pounds. Most of them on lipless crank baits for me.

The one time I did not catch bass I caught 2 catfish cranking! So I am skunkless at Elsinore so far.

Beware that the winds do come up pretty strong on the lake and the wind usually gets stronger just before sunset.

Paul

matt duarte
09-26-2007, 03:24 PM
i need to get out their on my toon! how often do you get out their fngRhookr?

i work right off mission trail and corydon st. and get off work at 3 maybe i could meet you down their one day after work or something and you could teach me some of the ropes of this lake... ive never been their before but it looks like it has a lot of structure at some of the points and coves.....

have you ever fished by that trailer park that right by the water? i heard you cant fish from shore their but maybe a toon or tube?

FngRHooKr
09-26-2007, 03:35 PM
I also work off of Corydon. I am not sure which trailer park you are talking about but I usually fish at the far north west side of the lake by one of the trailer parks.

I get off at 4:00 and head over there once a week. I went yesterday so I will not be able to get out there again this week but lets hook up next week.

Paul

matt duarte
09-27-2007, 08:01 PM
where do you work off corydon? im at the first building on your right comming from mission trail..

ya that would be sweet to hit up elsinore, they have wiper in their dont they?

ill be at perris saturday