PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know any good REAL lakes I can go to within an hour drive of my location?

bo1xdream
12-05-2012, 06:55 PM
Ive been to Irvine Lake lately but I just wanted to go to a lot of different other lakes to try. I want ACTUAL lakes not any manmade ones in parks. I live in Rowland Heights. San Gabriel Valley area in LA County. Nearby cities are Diamond Bar, La Habra, Hacienda Heights, Pomona...

troutsniffer
12-05-2012, 06:59 PM
I been hitting up Corona lately and it's been awesome. Hows Irvine doing right now? My buddy wants to go on friday

bo1xdream
12-05-2012, 07:39 PM
I went last Friday when I stayed from 10:30am til 1am due to the nonstop rain but I caught a really big, nice rainbow trout. We had a good amount of people that was fishing from the shore. I went today with my friend from 9am til 4pm. We rented a motor boat and went around the whole entire lake and only caught 1 catfish. But no doubt this is a good lake to fish at, I'm probably just not doing it right lol. here's their website that has a lot of info. I will also be going this Friday and Saturday for their buy 1 day get 1 free special. If you and/or your buddy wants, I'm willing to join up and split a boat for any of those two days.

bo1xdream
12-05-2012, 07:52 PM
I used mapquest to see how far corona lake was it it around 40 miles. Im willing to go if I could just finally find a lake that doesnt fail me. If you've got time this or next week, could we meet up at corona and you could show me the ropes?

ben0606
12-06-2012, 12:30 AM
Ive been to Irvine Lake lately but I just wanted to go to a lot of different other lakes to try. I want ACTUAL lakes not any manmade ones in parks. I live in Rowland Heights. San Gabriel Valley area in LA County. Nearby cities are Diamond Bar, La Habra, Hacienda Heights, Pomona...

Parker canyon lake, awesome lake.....no fee to park, no fee to fish, no fee to launch your own boat and open 24 hours a day. Huge canyons, huge coves, and out in the middle of nowhere with a freeway 30 miles away.

Oh by the way it's 8 hours away in Arizona......ahhhhhh the old days ha ha