PDA

View Full Version : Clarus Ultralight review

Ifishtoolittle
12-05-2012, 05:10 PM
DO NOT buy it! The reel seat is shite! Here's a photo to explain why.

I'm planning to lather the rod with a copious amount of epoxy or gorilla glue. Anyone here have ideas on how to permantely fix my rod's plight? Thank you all.

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu337/Ifishtoolittle/IMG_14301.jpg

Other than the reel seat busting up on me the rod has performed rather well. It's IM-8 so the casting distance achieved is fair, strength is there, and weight is not too bad. Oh, and the rod is a little imbalanced. One will need a reel that is 7.0oz or heavier to balance it slightly. Okay that is all.

-IF2L

Ifishtoolittle
12-05-2012, 05:13 PM
I forget to mention that the rod is barely a month old. That is what makes it even worse!

Drifter
12-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Don't mess with it! Return it to shimano and get a new one with no questions asked. You can even drive it to the warranty center in irvine and they might hand you a new one over the counter. Those rods are pretty good for the money and you can't beat the life time warranty. I own many and I've never had a problem like that and I use the crap out of them.

Ifishtoolittle
12-05-2012, 08:06 PM
Don't mess with it! Return it to shimano and get a new one with no questions asked. You can even drive it to the warranty center in irvine and they might hand you a new one over the counter. Those rods are pretty good for the money and you can't beat the life time warranty. I own many and I've never had a problem like that and I use the crap out of them.

I threw away the receipt. So, that idea is out the door.

jaggerbub
12-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Just take it to shimano. You don't need anything else.

gonefishing247
12-05-2012, 08:14 PM
You don't need to bring anything other than the rod. I accidently broke my rod twice and they replace it with new one w/o any question.

jaggerbub
12-05-2012, 08:14 PM
Shimano has never required a receipt for any warranties i've ever brought in.

Ifishtoolittle
12-05-2012, 08:15 PM
Awesome. Thanks guys or gals.

DarkShadow
12-06-2012, 08:26 AM
I see Shimano was following the same quality craftsmanship they used on the NRX when they first came out.