PDA

View Full Version : Laguna Niguel Dec 5th (from a boat) SKUNKED

allanon
12-05-2012, 01:49 PM
So decided to hit up LNL today, even though all my fishing buddies bailed when they heard no stocking occurred.

I was very curious to see what the bite would be like.

I got my gluteus maximus handed to me. :Big Grin:

I did catch a bass on a micetail, but as for trout, not one bite.

I tried the inlet first, then went to flats. I saw 1 fish caught right at the beginning in the inlet, but nothing after that. There were 3 boats, 1 float tuber, and 2 shore guys there for a total of 14 rods in the water with 1 fish caught in an hour.

At 730 I moved to the flats to find a spot where I used to fish and do well last season. It also gives much better visibility to the lake to see if anyone is catching.
In short, they weren't and neither was I. I saw 3 bass hookups (including mine), I saw 3 trout hookups. 2 landed, and the other was a shore guy who lost it reeling him in.

I tried just about everything. After getting a bit bored, I decided to put the bells on the rods, lay down in the boat and chill. Was quite nice actually. Would have preferred to catch fish, but a little bit of R n R is good too. I probably should have moved to the channel and three pipes to see if I could get a bite there as there were very few boats on the water for a wed, but got lazy. :Smile:

Anwyays, in total I saw 3 bass caught and 3 trout (with 1 trout lost after hookup).

Was a very slow day on the lake. Lighting was very poor as there was a dense fog in the area. I have noticed that the bite is usually better at LNL when the sun comes out.

Lastly, I ran into another fisherman I know at the dock as I coming in. He is an EXPERT (works in a baitshop for crying out loud!) and he only got 3, so I didn't feel so bad. (He normally gets 10-20 fish).

Tight lines everyone!

dotbomb
12-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Bummer about the skunk and the missed stocking. Any word on if one is coming or are they just going to resume their normal Tuesday schedule?

edit: Never mind. Read your other post.