PDA

View Full Version : Big Bear Lake December 1 and 2

Fresh H2O Bill
12-03-2012, 09:06 AM
Morning all,

I went up to do some upgrade work on the house this past weekend. I got up to Big Bear around 9:30 a.m. I worked until 2:30 p.m. and decided to head over to the lake to see if the fish were in a co-operative mood this weekend. Thanksgiving weekend was pretty slow for me and for others that I talked with as well.

Anyway, I went over to the dam and fished the north side right along the dam. I was able to get one trout on a night crawler below a fixed bobber. It went 1.5 lbs.

Sunday morning I headed over to Boulder Bay and fished for 2.5 hours. I landed 5 total fish with 3 that kept, all in the 1.5 lb. range. Four of the fish were taken on the same bobber/night crawler rig and one was taken on PB in the salmon peach color. I had a chance to fish with a friend I have met up at Big Bear, Dan from Mission Viejo. We've become friends over the last few years and it's always good to see him and spend some time fishing together. Dan brought a friend along, Andrew, and it was nice to meet him as well. Dan and Andrew were picking them off as well, with Andrew landing a nice 2.5 lb bow.

Until next time, take care.

Bill

Matthew 4:19

fishingfool227
12-03-2012, 04:42 PM
Bill...

Clearly a pleasure to fish with you. Andrew and I ended up the day at 2:00PM. We landed 5 between us. Andrew got one approx. 3#. Another at approx. 2.5#, and the balance at 1# plus. All had full tails, bright colors, and they were hard fighters. We had one break off, and we missed another 4-5. I'll chalk that up to incompetence! Fish were caught on a mix of 2 inch minnow jigs and power bait.

When thinking about the quality of the fish at Big Bear versus the put/take pay lakes in SoCal, there simply is not a comparison. I'd much rather spend the $20 on gas than I would to remit $20 to catch tan flesh,scuff tailed trout.

I will make another runto Big Bear this Sunday, and then on to Bishop for 5 days over the Holidays.

Fresh H2O Bill
12-04-2012, 09:53 AM
I'm with you Danno ..... those fish are downright ugly. I'm going to be up in Bear Saturday for the day only. Have a good one Sunday and kill them in Bishop. Have a great Christmas and I'll see you at the turn of the year.

Bill

etaggart
12-05-2012, 06:12 AM
Hey Bill,

Where you gonna fish Saturday? Depending on the weather I may tube-it.

Eric

Troutin Man
12-05-2012, 03:01 PM
Hey Bill,

Congrats on the catch. Sounds awesome. I haven't been to BBL in a long time. When you fished at Boulder Bay, were you float tubin?

My buddy told me he had success at east ramp...caught 4 rainbows there in 2 hours.

jmytuna
12-06-2012, 01:15 PM
Hey Bill,

Where you gonna fish Saturday? Depending on the weather I may tube-it.

Eric

Will also be up this weekend.

Tubed on Thanksgiving. Pretty cold. Bass still around if you can believe it. Weeds finally clearing at observatory. Hit some shore spots for a few holdovers. Let me know if you are tubing.
http://www.bdoutdoors.com/gallery/files/4/2/3/7/img_0345.jpg
http://www.bdoutdoors.com/gallery/files/4/2/3/7/img_0351.jpg
http://www.bdoutdoors.com/gallery/files/4/2/3/7/img_0349_2.jpg

Fresh H2O Bill
12-07-2012, 05:01 AM
Eric,

I'll be fishing Saturday but I don't have a lot of time to tube this weekend. I'm only going to fish for a couple of hours. Probably going to hit up Boulder again from the fishing dock. Nice job on the Thanksgiving Weekend bass! I fished from shore that weekend but it was slow, only seven trout all weekend. Good to hear from you Eric. If I don't see you Saturday, good luck and I'll talk to you soon.

Bill

Troutin Man,

Last weekend I fished from the fishing dock. I usually tube but like this weekend I did not have a ton of time to put in on the water. I've been doing alot of work on the house. The east ramp is a good spot, as your buddy has told you. Good luck to you out there.

Bill

Troutin Man
12-07-2012, 10:14 PM
Thanks Bill for the info. My 5 year old daughter loves to fish and gets so excited when we go to Big Bear. I have fished at the dock in Boulder before but there were so many weeds. Is that still the case? How long was your leader?

Your house must be coming along. It must be so awesome to have a house up there and be able to fish here and there. What a life! You are living my dream man!!!

Enjoy and thanks again for the info.