PDA

View Full Version : From shore @ boat launch area

Sublime-Steve
12-03-2012, 06:13 AM
Me and tree been fishing perris alot. ive been gettin them on a small silver kastmaster and dropshot robo. been throwin the jig for days and no bites. just a lil report.

Ian
12-03-2012, 05:30 PM
I hope you do better. When did they stock it last?

tree
12-03-2012, 05:38 PM
Theres been an ongoing discussion about when they last stocked trout... the website says one thing, but the lack of trout bite @ any of the normal stocking locations (launch ramp, sail cove, and 11&12) is making us suspicious....

Sublime-Steve
12-04-2012, 05:14 AM
yea.. idk seems like perris got the short straw if ya catch my drift

GhettoBasster
12-04-2012, 08:18 PM
yea.. idk seems like perris got the short straw if ya catch my drift

Most likely true. A co-worker of mine went there this past Friday and said that at least from the shore, the lake was lifeless. He got the big skunk and told me that he didn't see a single baitfish let alone stocker trout. That lake is funny like that. Hot bite one week; nothing the next.

Sublime-Steve
12-06-2012, 08:23 AM
theres silversides everywhere along shore.. i been catching them in the mouth with my kastmaster lol.

Natural Lefty
12-06-2012, 08:48 AM
I went to the marina docks on Monday and all I caught were 3 small Bluegills. There were panfish in the area at least; I actually had a decent number of bites, but they were all very light, maybe due to the storm that had just passed. I don't know what happened to the Redears that I caught all of last winter. Maybe some bit but I didn't catch them. Anyway, I can confirm that the fishing has been slow. I didn't see any minnows either, or anybody else catch any fish, but one guy said he hooked a large fish on a wcky rigged senko from the hole in the boathouse. He said it was probably a catfish, which was surprising. I don't think he had permission to fish from the hole, but I saw several people go in there and try.

CraigH
12-07-2012, 06:20 AM
I went on 11/30 and fished lots 11 and 12 from 9AM to 2PM. There were about 10 people fishing, and I didn't see any trout being caught. One guy caught a decent size catfish.

jpod
12-08-2012, 10:48 PM
caught a nice 3 lber on a texas rigged green pumkin lizard on the point of lots 11 and 12 and another on a drop shot powermouse the other day

castle
12-09-2012, 05:31 AM
Sometimes they stock the trout at the dam in sailboat cove they can hang around there for days if they are in there.