PDA

View Full Version : First Trout Tourney, good times!

Carptain_Bao
12-02-2012, 10:38 PM
Hit the vine with my Greyhound(ODC 420) on Saturday. First trout tournament ever. The Bite-On crewput up a phenomenal event, lots of people out there.
Got there late and I was on the water around 8, went to find Travis aka Thisfool. He gave me some his custom worms to try it out. Worked in the boat dock cove finally found a good around, hooked up 5 fish in 30 mins, but lost one while netting it. Caught 2 fish on Berkeley Mouse Tail, 2 on the drop shot with Travis's custom worm and 1 on powermouse (Custom worm with red pb).
Had 4 fish on the stringer by 11 moved a little hooked up a couple more fish(1 trout and 1 bass) on drop shot, yellow and pink were hot on that day. I lost the bass while netting it. And while I was sliding my 5th fish on my stringer my hand slipped so my stringer almost fell into the water luckily I grabbed it before it did! But my 5th keeper got away...
It was really hard for me to fill up my stringer... one fish short, worked the boat dock cove, west shore, trout island with worms, mouse tail, kastmaster, crankbait, night crawlers,powerbaits for not even a single bite. Kicked all the way back to the rental dock around 2:45, had a couple nibbles on the drop shot, one bite on night crawler but failed to set the hook. Then I switched to Mouse Tail again, just by the time when I was about the kick back, I heard my reel went zzzzzzzz, fish on baby, FISH ON! The little stocker was circling around me 3 times, took me a while to finally tire him out. Back to my truck around 3:15, late for the raffle=[ Stayed until they announced the Top 10
All in all that was a good day. Many fish caught, special thank to Travis for the custom worm, they work great! Also thank everyone who made this event happen: the vine staff, the bite on crew, bebop, all the sponsors and everyone who was out on the water! It was good to see my buddy John again!
Here is my stringer, the only problem is that they are all small, not just me, but I guess I hooked up all the little one...Big boys are still out there!

http://i49.tinypic.com/2ithkqo.jpg

Prowler_Tuber
12-02-2012, 10:59 PM
It was a blast out there, those guys put up a great fight though.

Carptain_Bao
12-02-2012, 11:19 PM
It was a blast out there, those guys put up a great fight though.

True that, they all gave me some hard time!

troutdog
12-03-2012, 01:00 AM
Nice going on the limit Bao, your big fish is one trip closer! :Thumbs Up:

TD

OC ANGLER
12-03-2012, 01:12 AM
good job Bao ! wasnt able to make it out for the tourney but ill be there this weekend for sure !

Carptain_Bao
12-03-2012, 09:03 AM
Nice going on the limit Bao, your big fish is one trip closer! :Thumbs Up:

TD
I hope so too TD!

Carptain_Bao
12-03-2012, 09:05 AM
good job Bao ! wasnt able to make it out for the tourney but ill be there this weekend for sure !

This weekend will be good, there still are big ones in there, good luck OC Angler!

5150fishn
12-03-2012, 04:46 PM
Good job on the limit Bao!

Carptain_Bao
12-03-2012, 08:41 PM
Good job on the limit Bao!

Thanks Dan, haven't seen you this trout season so see you soon!

PONTOON
12-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Carptain,

Great job on the limit and I'm sure this is going to be a great trout season at the Vine.:Cool:

Keep the reports coming!:Thumbs Up:

The Fishing Queen
12-03-2012, 09:38 PM
Looks like a great day with the limit, WTG Bao!

Carptain_Bao
12-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Carptain,

Great job on the limit and I'm sure this is going to be a great trout season at the Vine.:Cool:

Keep the reports coming!:Thumbs Up:
Will do. Again congrats on the hefty stringer of cats Team Trolltoon!

Carptain_Bao
12-04-2012, 11:42 AM
Looks like a great day with the limit, WTG Bao!

Sure is a good day, thanks Fishing Queen!