PDA

View Full Version : Need info for guasti derby help!

LittleJigger96
11-30-2012, 06:12 PM
So me and my bro are going to try and fish the derby tomorrow but I haven't fished there in a while and need some info on where the hot bite has been. Also what color jigs and worms? Hopefully I win that cash money any info would help a lot!

DMAN
11-30-2012, 07:29 PM
It's been pretty slow there this season. I've been there about 5 times so far and every time I go, Tailwalkers are swimming around the lake but not a lot of them are biting, just jumping all around the lake. The usual spots are producing, front cove (both sides), the dock (underneath), and the back side. One spot I saw that produced the most is underneath the dock. Get a long metal pole with a cup at the end of it, open your spool, place your bait of choice in the cup, then feed the pole underneath the dock, turn the pole until the bait falls out, set your rod, and wait. I always thought this was just for catfish, but those guys were killing it when no one else was. Serious. Another spot is on the north side of the lake where the water comes in from the pipe. That place has been producing. Darker color powerbait (orange, brown, sherbert, etc). Orange trout worms too. I did happen to land a 6 lber last Saturday. But other than that, it was pretty slow for me. I would post the pic, but I got tired of trying to figure out how. Good Luck...it's gonna be crowded so be prepared.

Cartman
11-30-2012, 07:43 PM
...One spot I saw that produced the most is underneath the dock. Get a long metal pole with a cup at the end of it, open your spool, place your bait of choice in the cup, then feed the pole underneath the dock, turn the pole until the bait falls out, set your rod, and wait. I always thought this was just for catfish, but those guys were killing it when no one else was. Serious.

So what kind of chum are they using underneath the dock?

LittleJigger96
11-30-2012, 07:44 PM
Thank you DMAN this helps me out a lot. Ill be fishing one of those spots for sure if I can get in one of them.

Socalbassmaster
11-30-2012, 07:51 PM
Thank you DMAN this helps me out a lot. Ill be fishing one of those spots for sure if I can get in one of them.

Im gona be fishing it tomorrow too. Gona wear my rain jacket and waders cause its expectin to rain tomorrow.

LittleJigger96
11-30-2012, 08:02 PM
Maybe ill see you there tomorrow socalbassmaster. I'm hoping to win some cash tomorrow but I don't have all that good luck at guasti.

Socalbassmaster
11-30-2012, 08:26 PM
I usually catch fish there when no one else does. its usually not about havin the best spot there but havin the right technique. Im expecting BIG fish tomorrow so im actually gona be using a baitcastin setup rather than an ultra light spinning rod. So if u see a dude with a Gloomis bait casting rod thats gona be me, come say hi and ill help u out with some techniques

LittleJigger96
11-30-2012, 08:34 PM
Yea I will come say hi. Ill be using powers worms and jigs. I will also be wearing a San Jose sharks hat.

DMAN
12-01-2012, 11:34 PM
So how did the Derby go? Any reports on how you or others did?

RegionalParksKristie
12-03-2012, 12:08 PM
This weekend we kicked off our Annual Trout Derbies at Cucamonga- Guasti Regional Park in Ontario. Over 250 fishermen “fished their hearts out” for a chance at $500.00 and other various prizes. Although everyone gave hundred percent the cash prize went to Adrian Contreras of Riverside who reeled in a 9 lb. 8 oz. Nebraska Tail walker!!! If you missed this opportunity join us one of the four remaining derbies at our various Regional Parks.