PDA

View Full Version : Anaheim Lake 11/27/2012

Poxy Boggards
11-28-2012, 01:22 PM
Hey FNN,

Hit up Anaheim yesterday to take advantage of the discount that the lake is offering. $13.00 for a day of fishing at a paylake is a great deal!

Got to the lake shortly after 6:00AM. There were no boats or tubes on the water when I launched, and I had a little while of fishing the spillway solo before a couple of other tubers made their way to the line.

Fishing was slow, but that is what I expected after a holiday weekend. The fish would not hit jigs or trout worms, so I switched it up and kept on switching it until I finally got my first stocker at around 7:30AM on Salmon eggs fished with a Salamander in-line 1/8th of an ounce sinker and a long 24+ inch leader. Kept on fishing the eggs, and managed 4 by around noon which included the smallest trout I have ever caught at a paylake. It was literally the size of sardine, and must have snuck in with the big boys.

Left the bouy line and started a drift mid lake, made my way around trout island and managed my nicest fish of the day at around 3 pounds. Caught one more on my drift through the cove by the pump station on the northwest corner of the lake, and pointed the hobie back towards the launch ramp to head home.

The shore anglers in that northwest cove seemed to be doing pretty well as I saw a couple of hook-ups in the 10 minutes I was there. I also saw a guy on shore pull in a hog that looked to be about 15 pounds near the spillway. There are still fish to be caught for the persistent anglers out there, and you can go and still catch a limit for $13.00 which is a bargain for a day on the water. Good luck out there and go help the lakes clear out the fish population before the lake closes.

Surfnsnowboard3
11-28-2012, 01:56 PM
Great job bro. I couldn't wake up yesterday to go. We need to hit the water sometime.

OC ANGLER
11-28-2012, 02:42 PM
Whats up Poxy ! I was the first tuber to hit the spillway with ya .. was a tuff day for me for sure . I did finally pull in a little 2lb stocker at the end of the day . That Hog that kid pulled in was a monster ! the little guy you got was funny , looked like a little 8" huddleston .. lol

Day was slow but better then being home or work !

Poxy Boggards
11-28-2012, 02:59 PM
Whats up Poxy ! I was the first tuber to hit the spillway with ya .. was a tuff day for me for sure . I did finally pull in a little 2lb stocker at the end of the day . That Hog that kid pulled in was a monster ! the little guy you got was funny , looked like a little 8" huddleston .. lol

Day was slow but better then being home or work !

Too bad it was soo slow, but nice to meet you. Yeah, that little trout just looked like striper food...

JAG107
11-29-2012, 06:03 PM
Nice report, Wes. I should have read this before heading out today lol!

Poxy Boggards
11-30-2012, 02:25 PM
Tried to give a couple of gems in the report Jag...Glad you got yours!