PDA

View Full Version : Banning Canyon

carpanglerdude
11-27-2012, 11:34 PM
Has anyone hiked up Banning Canyon? GMaps shows a creek coming out of it, probably dry, but the canyon goes very far back. Would love to hear any info on that location, access, etc. PM is fine.

sumodnb
11-28-2012, 05:20 PM
hey brother, I'm down to go explore with you. PM me, ive been looking for some fresh urban secret spots!!

Skyler
11-29-2012, 10:44 AM
All the access points are owned by the Water District. Banning PD/RSO will chase you out of there. Trust me, I know, lol.

castle
11-29-2012, 06:10 PM
Has anyone hiked up Banning Canyon? GMaps shows a creek coming out of it, probably dry, but the canyon goes very far back. Would love to hear any info on that location, access, etc. PM is fine.

Try a couple of canyons over at Whitewater creek way up from the 10. Used to be a hatchery for trout up there and they used to dump fish in there from time to time.

Viejo
11-29-2012, 07:52 PM
Try a couple of canyons over at Whitewater creek way up from the 10. Used to be a hatchery for trout up there and they used to dump fish in there from time to time.

Whitewater creek hasn't had hatchery fish for years and the big rains several years ago really scoured out the creek bed. That combined with folks taking what they could catch (with no stocking) has made for
really poor fishing.

CraigH
11-30-2012, 04:23 PM
Plus the old hatchery building and lakes (along with around 6,000 acres in Whitewater canyon) are now owned by the Wildlands Conservancy. I don't know if they allow fishing on their property.

carpanglerdude
12-03-2012, 09:25 AM
All the access points are owned by the Water District. Banning PD/RSO will chase you out of there. Trust me, I know, lol.

That's what I was afraid of. It's been mentioned on one of the gold prospector's forums. Shame to have such a big canyon locked off, fail.