fishshep
11-26-2012, 05:55 PM
7.19 am 5.8 high

12.pm 3.0 med.

2.22pm 0.2 Low.

Explanation; New policy on Pic,s;

In the interest of fish preservation, going to only pic 13ers or above

from now on. Few exceptions, like diff. species other than perch. Or at

least a skunk buster. or Diff A.0. pic catch http://www.scsurffishing.com/forums/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Must have nailed at least 20- 10-12 inch perch today !!!

From 6.30 to 11am 40% of the perch were on the bite, or catch, and

from 12pm (about a 3.0 tide) to 1.30pm 60% of the Perch were caught

in this particular A.O. The second A.O. was a Low tide Boiler Rock

catching session with about six 10 inchers .

No weed problems, waters were in mid 60,s it seemed like, and did not

wear or need waders, but it was overcast, and wind did come up about

10am. http://www.scsurffishing.com/forums/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Great conds. and catching day on the Perch, and gonna try for some

bigger models tomorrow, so we will see http://www.scsurffishing.com/forums/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

This was the biggest perch caught today,and MAAN !!! It was a major

BENDO on the 9ft. Clarus

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff109/dshepard_2007/100_0344-1.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff109/dshepard_2007/100_0336-1.jpg

bloox8
11-26-2012, 07:23 PM
Nice fish count Shep. From my experiences with perch, all of the bigger models were caught during rougher conditions. I am not completely sure if that's the reason but, that's what I believe is the reason for the bigger models showing up when I fished. Maybe you should give it a shot and let me know. Can someone share there experience with bigger model perch? I am pretty curious.

Thanks for the report

Thien

murrieta angler
11-28-2012, 04:21 PM
Cudos Daniel with the pic situation.
Thanks for the report ,
Robert
<><

SP Dan
11-30-2012, 12:24 AM
Hey Danial

I like you thoughts on not over doing the photo secessions and causing unnecessary losses to the fish community!

I really enjoy reading your fish reports! Keep up the good work!

SP Dan <"))><

LARiver
11-30-2012, 08:38 AM
Nice fish count Shep. From my experiences with perch, all of the bigger models were caught during rougher conditions. I am not completely sure if that's the reason but, that's what I believe is the reason for the bigger models showing up when I fished. Maybe you should give it a shot and let me know. Can someone share there experience with bigger model perch? I am pretty curious.

Thanks for the report

Thien

I have experienced this too. I think that the more turbulent the conditions, the more the food gets stirred up and the more comfortable the fish are coming in shallow. My 2c
B.

fishshep
11-30-2012, 05:27 PM
I have experienced this too. I think that the more turbulent the conditions, the more the food gets stirred up and the more comfortable the fish are coming in shallow. My 2c
B.

[QUOTE=bloox8;641763]Nice fish count Shep. From my experiences with perch, all of the bigger models were caught during rougher conditions. I am not completely sure if that's the reason but, that's what I believe is the reason for the bigger models showing up when I fished. Maybe you should give it a shot and let me know. Can someone share there experience with bigger model perch? I am pretty curious.

Thanks for the report

IMO,
Both theories are true, yet when fishing permanent (Boiler Rock ) structures etc. rather than open beach or shore line areas,

you want some (not real" turbulent" )water movement, and look for and find swurlling water zones around boilers, that

can somewhat keep what your throwing ,in the (no more than ) 10- 15ft. Radius Zone :Idea: At least IMO and experience,

that is often where the "Bigger Models" are too.

bloox8
11-30-2012, 06:45 PM
Thanks for your response :Big Grin:

Another theory I have about why bigger models show up during rough conditions is that maybe the bigger waves dig up the bigger sand crabs and ghost shrimps whereas smaller waves don't as effectively. Also, only the bigger models are able to hunt during these conditions and the smaller models stay tucked in trenches. I wonder..

bachiboy
11-30-2012, 07:12 PM
Nice pigs you got there FS!

As for the wave theories...
I've been fishing for perch for 40+ years. Does that make me an expert? Far from it. I'm always learning new things when I go out. What I have observed over the years is that they do tend to bite better with a moderate amount of surge. I think Thien's thoughts are right cuz they will acquire more food as the surge churns up the water. The waves also dig holes and, in turn, the surge accumulates that food (whether it be worms, crabs or whatever) across the holes for a feast...at least that's my thoughts on it. The surge we have now is a little too big for a successful session. Have I caught fish in 6-7 foot surf? Yes, but not very consistently...and it usually took twelve to fifteen foot rods with 8 oz. pyramid sinkers. On the flip side, I haven't had a huge amount of success of bigger fish when it's been flat calm either, but I have had a few instances where it did go off...I figure cuz there was a good food supply there.

My :My Two Cents: Hope it helps.
Don