PDA

View Full Version : Report from Poland #2

Jarek
11-26-2012, 02:46 PM
HI!

This sunday i took a river trip with my fiancee Natalia. Czarna Przemsza is a small river with Przeczyce dam reservoir. In the dam reservoir I fish a lot for zander and pike. This time we went to fish for rainbow trout (season is closed for brown trout) in the river just below the dam.

We had only 2 - 3 hours in the middle of the day and we choose to flysfishing instead of spinning.

It was weekend so there was a lot of fishermens since morning and trout were frightened and not easy to catch. We lost one fish just before landing (~17in rainbow) and had a few delicate bites.

At the end Natalia caught nice brown trout thet we released immidiately. It was a nice quite warm day just before winter.

It seems that next weekend will be snowy and frosty...

City Dad
11-26-2012, 03:59 PM
Very nice report and pictures.

What types of flies do you use?

Jarek
11-27-2012, 12:05 PM
Very nice report and pictures.

What types of flies do you use?

Similar to Yours i suppose. Some streamers, sometimes nymphs like pheasant tail or hydropsyche, dry flies like blue quill, mayfly, caddis, or wet flies like spider, march brown
and many many different types worldwide known

Natural Lefty
11-27-2012, 06:27 PM
Hello Jarek and Natalia. You know, Rainbow Trout are native around a wide area of lands surrounding the Pacific Ocean, but the ancestors of the ones that have been transplanted around the world came from the Sacramento River drainage in northern California, I believe.

People around here use pheasant tail nymphs a lot but I am not so sure about the others you mentioned.

I wish I knew how to pronounce Polish words like Przeczyce.

DEVOREFLYER
11-27-2012, 07:20 PM
Enjoy reading your reports Jarek, keep them coming.

Natural Lefty here is a video of the hydropsyche larva being tied.

http://globalflyfisher.com/video/hydropsyche-caddis-larvae

carpanglerdude
11-27-2012, 08:47 PM
Great report! I love catching browns, they are much more fierce than rainbows.

old pudd fisher
11-27-2012, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the report and pics, send more I like them.

TroutOnly
11-28-2012, 07:41 AM
NICE REPORT JAREK ,THAT BROWN TROUT LOOK JUST LIKE THE ONES WE HAVE OUT HERE IN THE MOUNTAINS OF CALIFORNIA,,,,,,,CONTINUE THE REPORTS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Prowler_Tuber
11-28-2012, 08:34 AM
Awesome pics looks like a nice place to fish!

Jarek
11-29-2012, 03:32 AM
Thank You all for your replies!!

Hello Jarek and Natalia. You know, Rainbow Trout are native around a wide area of lands surrounding the Pacific Ocean, but the ancestors of the ones that have been transplanted around the world came from the Sacramento River drainage in northern California, I believe.

People around here use pheasant tail nymphs a lot but I am not so sure about the others you mentioned.

I wish I knew how to pronounce Polish words like Przeczyce.

Hi!! I didn't know that!!:) I heard only that only pure wild population of rainbows "mikaża" live in Kamczatka in Russia.

Wow! Pronouncing "przeczyce" in english will be hard, but let's try:)
P - normal p
rz - something like "jea" in Jean name - like Jean Claude van Damme :)
e - e like first letter in "earn"
cz - like english tch
y - like the last sound in the word "century"
ce - like the beginning of the word "century"

Don't break your tongue !! :)

There is a fun scene in one of old polish movies about World War II
Polish man gets caught by Nazis and they ask him for his name - Grzegorz, surname - Brzęczyszczykiewicz and place of birth - Chrząszczyżewoszyce powiat Łękołody :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftrqO-jkMpE

Enjoy reading your reports Jarek, keep them coming.

Natural Lefty here is a video of the hydropsyche larva being tied.

http://globalflyfisher.com/video/hydropsyche-caddis-larvae

Yes - hydropsyche larva is one of the most popular. Here You can find some more:

http://www.flyfishing.pl/katalog/index.php

Great report! I love catching browns, they are much more fierce than rainbows.

Thanks - In my river rainbows are usually much bigger so I try to hunt for them:)

Thanks for the report and pics, send more I like them.

NICE REPORT JAREK ,THAT BROWN TROUT LOOK JUST LIKE THE ONES WE HAVE OUT HERE IN THE MOUNTAINS OF CALIFORNIA,,,,,,,CONTINUE THE REPORTS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Awesome pics looks like a nice place to fish!

If you are interested more in my reports look at my blog also. There is a lot of more photos and reports!

Carptain_Bao
11-30-2012, 01:01 AM
Nicely done Jarek, keep the reports coming. Nice looking brown!

Jig-Guy
12-02-2012, 02:11 PM
Jarek I like your post also and I do look forward to them from you in the future. Nice looking fish and looks like a great place to fish.

Jarek
12-02-2012, 04:20 PM
Thanks!!
It gives me power to write more reports :)