PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving weekend report!!!!!!!!!!

Bassman1414
11-25-2012, 05:40 PM
Hey all, Bassman1414 is so happy right now.:Big Grin:I went to Bass Pro Shops and stocked up. I got the straight A's:Applause: I got my new swimbait setup and other things. My swimbait setup is a BPS pro qulifier, Abu Garcia Vendetta thats heavy action, and 15 pound braid. I got some KVD dream shots, weights, hooks, and a new swimbait!!!!! It is a Jerry Rago Generic Trout swimbait. It is 6in long and 1 oz and 7/8. Is that a good one im new to swimbait fishing. Well saturday I went to Lake Poway and tested it all out! Well I forgot the trout stuff at home:Crying:. I got the new swimbait in the water asap. In the whole sesh i got 2 decent bass to follow and one to take a shot at it. It bit the back half where the hook isnt.:mad: Then I tried the drop shot and got trout to bite the KVD dreamshots but no hookups. I had a lot of fun testing the new stuff out. Any suggestions for getting into swimbaiting. I am kinda limited to the price on baits. Like under 25$ would be nice.Tightline guys.
Bassman1414

bassfishing24/7
11-25-2012, 07:04 PM
How's it going bassman,good job getting good grades! The swimbait thing can get quite expensive,most baits retail at $25 to start.I Just bought 3 Hudds that costed me almost $100....ur new gear is also a bit light since most baits weigh from 1 Oz & up,if u don't plan on losing any baits 15# braid is not gonna keep that from happening.good luck!

Bassman1414
11-25-2012, 08:11 PM
Thanks Bassfishing24/7 But I won't be throwing that big of baits. Maybe I might throw like 1oz to 1.5 oz.Tightlines.
Bassman1414

lazyfisherman
11-25-2012, 08:44 PM
With your new swim bait, you will be limited to smaller hollow body swim baits. Check out 3:16 lure company. They have quite the selection on soft plastic swim baits. Check out a small rising son or the minnow.

Bassman1414
11-26-2012, 07:16 AM
Haha thats funny because I was looking at the Little Booger and rising son:Smile: