PDA

View Full Version : SD Update anyone???

BiG~FiSh
08-30-2007, 04:41 PM
I'm headed out friday nignt/saturday day on my Dad's 24' CC. We will be launching somewhere in San Diego. He has the Mexican permits but is considering staying close if we dont here of anything exciting hapining south. Any input would be appreciated thanks.
B~F

Ambassadorhawg
08-30-2007, 05:29 PM
Small YFT, Do-do's and a few Yellows under the kelps outside the Coronados. Albies way out West, at least 80 miles.

BiG~FiSh
08-31-2007, 08:38 AM
That is what my dad was saying last night. 100 miles out of point loma is where the albies are at. thats like a 4 hr run!!!! were launching @ 2-2:30am we would be there at sun up. Or we could D*** around at the island. Are the albies hit and miss out there right now? Or are they wide open once you find them? What is the quality of the albies being cought right now? Thanks again for all info. I will deffinatly post pics and a report.
B~F

Trout-Tuna-For.Me
09-04-2007, 01:28 PM
Yeah, 80 miles + west for the albacore. Could still be hit or miss since the albies seem to be kinda picky and hard to get them to the surface to bite. Also, the best bite you'll encounter will be in the afternoon til dark. Most 1.5 and 2 day party boats out of San Diego are bringing home limits, but you have to have enough chum bait to keep them up near the surface. Most fish are hooked with bait..... jigs, and swim baits aren't working well with these fish. The other fish are hooked on the troll using blue/white, green/white, or mexican flag colored lures. Most of these fish are in the 30 lb class. Hope you do well :thumb: and we'll be waiting for your report. :food: