PDA

View Full Version : Anaheim 10+ class fish friday!

Jig Master
11-25-2012, 04:00 PM
Basically they opened the gates at 4:00 crazy huh... i was fist tuber in the water, i camped the line....Bunch of gangsters rolled in line behind me and started blaring music till 2 am :(.... disrespectful. Overall me and my buddy landed 5 fish over 8 pounds fishing the spillway, including a 13 pounder and 11 pounder. there was soo much weight on the metal clip stringer and the fish were so alive they bent the metal hook and all got away :( very fun morning! forgot my neoprene waders and used my plastic velvet ones and almost got hypothermia LOL. over all caught 23 trout by 2:00 pm. was a lot slower than recent trips just had to work harder. There were a few people fishing there but had no clue what they were doing, using mice tails and 4 pound test, the bigger trout didnt want anything to do with their line and bait. the fog was extremely thick ( best trout fishing conditions) but it burnt off faster than i have ever seen, the bite slowed a lot after that but i managed to keep getting fish by changing jig colors and sizes... every1 would use the same color me and my buddy when they see us catching fish, the trout began to turn their nose to those colors, so we kept switching to darker natural colors. also around 12:00 i began to fish the lower water column which began to produce a few fish. all in all was a great day!!!

Surfnsnowboard3
11-25-2012, 04:43 PM
Basically they opened the gates at 4:00 crazy huh... i was fist tuber in the water, i camped the line....Bunch of gangsters rolled in line behind me and started blaring music till 2 am :(.... disrespectful. Overall me and my buddy landed 5 fish over 8 pounds fishing the spillway, including a 13 pounder and 11 pounder. there was soo much weight on the metal clip stringer and the fish were so alive they bent the metal hook and all got away :( very fun morning! forgot my neoprene waders and used my plastic velvet ones and almost got hypothermia LOL. over all caught 23 trout by 2:00 pm. was a lot slower than recent trips just had to work harder. There were a few people fishing there but had no clue what they were doing, using mice tails and 4 pound test, the bigger trout didnt want anything to do with their line and bait. the fog was extremely thick ( best trout fishing conditions) but it burnt off faster than i have ever seen, the bite slowed a lot after that but i managed to keep getting fish by changing jig colors and sizes... every1 would use the same color me and my buddy when they see us catching fish, the trout began to turn their nose to those colors, so we kept switching to darker natural colors. also around 12:00 i began to fish the lower water column which began to produce a few fish. all in all was a great day!!!

Limit is 5 bro....

But nonetheless, good job.

salmonboy
11-25-2012, 08:44 PM
yes what is wrong with these people...i caught my 5 and was on my way home at 11 oclock with one 11lbr...these guys screw it up for the rest of us...the limet is 5 dude

F15H1N 24/7
11-25-2012, 09:45 PM
ok well 4:00 no i was the first truck in like at anahiem it was 5:30 and we were the first ones at the spillway we watched all the float tubers the only big fish was a 10 pound fish by some kid and 23 fish i dont think everyone combined at that lake caught 23 fish it was so dead....

Cadillyak
11-25-2012, 09:58 PM
5 fish over 8 sounds great. I have had some pretty large stringers and have never had the metal clips fail on me. Did u get a chance to take any pics before they got away??

blakeb
11-25-2012, 10:19 PM
Ya just doesn't sound right that you caught all those fish and they all just happen to be lost on a metal stringer lol calm on man I'd Ur gunna feed us a fishing story don't get to crazy haha and I wonder no pics I mean I've had hot days but never 20+ fish and 5+ over 8 pounds

elfarolitojr03
11-25-2012, 11:37 PM
although i dont like the catch and release this guy jig master did have that many fish. i was fishing next to him on my float tube and watched him slay fish after fish. last week there was this group of guys that were catching every other cast. and about his metal clip failing on him i was there too, i went to grab my basket with my fish and his stringer was gone. he had 4 8 plus pounders on his stringer. dont worry jig master i got you

Jig Master
11-25-2012, 11:49 PM
thanks bro, although i do feel bad about killing one fish, i did happen to give it to this couple next to me to my left who were more than happy to have them, also catch and release is very healthy for the fisheries, i did not keep one fish i gave the bigger ones away to my buddy who only kept 5 but stringer was lost. the fish feed within 18-36 hours after being caught. i can prove this because i have captive wild rainbow trout in a 100 gallon tank, they ate the next day after being caught. also i dont lie, thanks for getting my back bro :) tooo many haters out there. also, y'all fishing from shore and not on a tube, dont complain about people having a great time fishing. get a tube and get out there i would be more than happy to guide people to catch more fish! its supposed to be fun :) also blakeb, 20+ fish isnt too rare for me, if i dont catch 10 or more trout then its a bad day for me....so sorry you havnt experienced these yeilds :)

jiggaman
11-26-2012, 08:24 AM
Well wow, that's all i can say to this post lmfao

seal
11-26-2012, 08:51 AM
I'm so confused? You have a very strange definition of C&R (give them away and it still counts as C&R?), don't worry that C&R is not allowed there, oh and catching fish and releasing them is healthy for fish?????

You will make a fine politician!

Surfnsnowboard3
11-26-2012, 09:08 AM
thanks bro, although i do feel bad about killing one fish, i did happen to give it to this couple next to me to my left who were more than happy to have them, also catch and release is very healthy for the fisheries, i did not keep one fish i gave the bigger ones away to my buddy who only kept 5 but stringer was lost. the fish feed within 18-36 hours after being caught. i can prove this because i have captive wild rainbow trout in a 100 gallon tank, they ate the next day after being caught. also i dont lie, thanks for getting my back bro :) tooo many haters out there. also, y'all fishing from shore and not on a tube, dont complain about people having a great time fishing. get a tube and get out there i would be more than happy to guide people to catch more fish! its supposed to be fun :) also blakeb, 20+ fish isnt too rare for me, if i dont catch 10 or more trout then its a bad day for me....so sorry you havnt experienced these yeilds :)

Whether or not C&R is "healthy for a fishery" is very debatable, however doesn't matter. Anaheim does not allow catch and release. It clearly says on the pass. That's the point.

DANNY SMOKIN JIGZ
11-26-2012, 09:22 AM
Good job out there bro, you and your buddy had a few nice 8+ lb fish. sorry the metal stringer failed on you guys.. Those toads bit good before the sun came up. It was crazy i got my first big one at 4:45 am on a glow in the dark jig then my next toad at around 9 on a split shot white worm. It was a good day for those who knew how to jig. If anyone wants to see the big fish i caught on friday go to the fishingwebcam for anaheim lake. i caught them on friday the 23rd. Im standing next to Greg in the picture who was also slaying the toads on the Smokin Jigz.

Jig Master
11-26-2012, 02:19 PM
yeah was a nice day on the water for those who know what they are doing. saw those toads y'all caught some beautiful fish. for all those haters......i have nothing more to say to y'all :) have a nice day and please come again!

vanillagurilla
11-26-2012, 02:46 PM
It wasn't so much if you knew what you were doing but if you got a spot on the cable at the inlet. People not even fishing were laying down in there boats plus guys fishing inside the fence line on the shore at the inlet.

Surfnsnowboard3
11-26-2012, 02:48 PM
yeah was a nice day on the water for those who know what they are doing. saw those toads y'all caught some beautiful fish. for all those haters......i have nothing more to say to y'all :) have a nice day and please come again!

Nobody is "hating" on you man. Apparently you are missing the point. You can catch 5 fish and that's it. Do you understand that?

fish-hound
11-26-2012, 03:18 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but you can catch as many fish as you want but you can only keep 5... the others have to be catch and release but as long as you are releasing them AND THEY LIVE then I believe you can catch as many as your heart desires. I know this is the case at most lakes but I don't know how the pay to catch lakes work as they operate under completely different rules. Just my opinion if I am wrong then just say so.

Surfnsnowboard3
11-26-2012, 03:40 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but you can catch as many fish as you want but you can only keep 5... the others have to be catch and release but as long as you are releasing them AND THEY LIVE then I believe you can catch as many as your heart desires. I know this is the case at most lakes but I don't know how the pay to catch lakes work as they operate under completely different rules. Just my opinion if I am wrong then just say so.

You're wrong. Anaheim, Corona and Irvine has no catch and release allowed.

OC ANGLER
11-26-2012, 03:45 PM
38122 <----RULES

As to the rules ... once your limit of 5 is reached you must quit fishing , NO CATCH AND RELEASE . No Culling , No helping others get there limit....etc you can however purchase a second limit and keep on fishing

tight line'z ... gonnna try my luck in the morning !

fish-hound
11-26-2012, 03:58 PM
You're wrong. Anaheim, Corona and Irvine has no catch and release allowed.

Got it! Thanks

HookedUptuber
11-26-2012, 05:39 PM
I'll be sure to notify the right people when I see people releasing on purpose to catch a bigger fish limit then to brag how good they are..

LittleJigger96
11-26-2012, 06:17 PM
I strongly believe in catch and release because your paying 25 dollars to fish at a place so get your money out of it. If you went home within a hour or two then I'd rather go somewhere where it's cheaper. I catch and release at all places it's not like I'm using bait I am also a jigger and 99% of the time it's right in the lip so the fish doesn't get hurt at all. If everyone at a lake caught 5 and left imagine how many fish would be gone. That is the reason why our lakes have have to be stocked every week because all the fish get brought home.

Surfnsnowboard3
11-26-2012, 07:02 PM
I strongly believe in catch and release because your paying 25 dollars to fish at a place so get your money out of it. If you went home within a hour or two then I'd rather go somewhere where it's cheaper. I catch and release at all places it's not like I'm using bait I am also a jigger and 99% of the time it's right in the lip so the fish doesn't get hurt at all. If everyone at a lake caught 5 and left imagine how many fish would be gone. That is the reason why our lakes have have to be stocked every week because all the fish get brought home.

Regardless of what you believe, rules are rules. It's a private lake and they can do whatever they want.

Jig Master
11-26-2012, 07:30 PM
LOL this is sooooo epic, i was just posting my experience at the lake then every1 gets mad, i know the rules of all the so cal lakes and have probably fished them more then most of you. Telling me the rules and your opinions on catch and release is not going to stop me from doing it. Most of the park workers know me and never give me a problem except jess ranch and tournaments at the regional parks which i do abide by the rules for those events now. I was not trying to start confrontation but there are people who insist on doing so.... Also i totally agree with littlejigger96, about 90% of my fish are lip hooked and released in the water for more people to catch the next day, also those fish that i do not think will make it i give to people who are less fortunate when im fishing. Go ahead report me to the AUTHORITIES lol, wouldnt be the first time nor the last :) I think the last 6-7 times ive been fishing this season i have kept no fish.....so people like y'all who want to keep them can catch them. i never bait fish so im not wounding the fish by stomach hooking them. :) hope y'all stop hating!!!

jpod
11-26-2012, 07:34 PM
il catch and release all day 25 bux is to much to leave in one hour il have 10 fish under my belt by 7 haha u think im gonna leave hell nah im not killing fish so il release the fish so another can have fun catching him go cry a river people

Frequent Flyer
11-26-2012, 07:36 PM
sick job out there, i'm tearing up since i didn't go to anaheim :Bawling: That place was the shizznit.

Surfnsnowboard3
11-26-2012, 08:00 PM
LOL this is sooooo epic, i was just posting my experience at the lake then every1 gets mad, i know the rules of all the so cal lakes and have probably fished them more then most of you. Telling me the rules and your opinions on catch and release is not going to stop me from doing it. Most of the park workers know me and never give me a problem except jess ranch and tournaments at the regional parks which i do abide by the rules for those events now. I was not trying to start confrontation but there are people who insist on doing so.... Also i totally agree with littlejigger96, about 90% of my fish are lip hooked and released in the water for more people to catch the next day, also those fish that i do not think will make it i give to people who are less fortunate when im fishing. Go ahead report me to the AUTHORITIES lol, wouldnt be the first time nor the last :) I think the last 6-7 times ive been fishing this season i have kept no fish.....so people like y'all who want to keep them can catch them. i never bait fish so im not wounding the fish by stomach hooking them. :) hope y'all stop hating!!!

You are SO cool for not following the rules and having encounters with the police before. Great role model you are. Yes, now I'm "hating." Be careful, your head is going to explode.

Let me guess.... You're a Raiders fan too. Get a life.

get some
11-26-2012, 08:10 PM
I'll be sure to notify the right people when I see people releasing on purpose to catch a bigger fish limit then to brag how good they are..

Their staff doesnt care. They watch snaggers snag, and take pictures with 2 or 3 times the limit on a stringer.

Frequent Flyer
11-26-2012, 08:17 PM
Their staff doesnt care. They watch snaggers snag, and take pictures with 2 or 3 times the limit on a stringer.

exactly, but c&r is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.....

fishinglakes.com
11-26-2012, 08:54 PM
exactly, but c&r is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.....

Management and Staff DOES care. We have rules for a reason and we 86 people all the time. It's impossible for Staff to see all that goes on and we do appreciate your all your help reporting snaggers, poachers and rule breakers. Great thread, very informative. Thanks!

vanillagurilla
11-26-2012, 08:55 PM
There just crying because they don't catch enough fish to practice c&r, I rarely keep a fish unless its over 5lbs or someone asks for some so go Chase the truck lol.

get some
11-26-2012, 09:39 PM
Management and Staff DOES care. We have rules for a reason and we 86 people all the time. It's impossible for Staff to see all that goes on and we do appreciate your all your help reporting snaggers, poachers and rule breakers. Great thread, very informative. Thanks!

Maybe you should take a look at your pictures and see how many are on the stringers of some of the anglers and see if they have a 2nd pass. Just saying, if you want people to respect your lake, you have to enforce some rules.

Marley
11-26-2012, 09:54 PM
And we wonder why SARL keeps some of their plant in net pens to plant throughout the following few days? There's so many things wrong with this thread.

Marley
11-26-2012, 10:05 PM

Oh, please. You were bloviating and got called on it. IF what you say is true, you put a talent to good use. You're going to have a lot of people watching you and a lot of those people will be kids. Do the future of the "sport" a good turn and show them to respect the rules, even if you don't agree with them.

Jig Master
11-27-2012, 12:51 AM
You are right Marley, i will work on this. It is just so difficult for me because i grew up c&r in the sierras and blue water fishing, where the state fishing regulations and common knowledge both promote catch and release. I don't eat fish, why should i have to be punished for c&r, when I will drive down the street and throw them into a trash can? I'd rather release them or give them to people who are not doing so well catching fish. Honestly, LOL; i would never eat a trout from corona or SARL... just putting that out there for those who do :)

Jig Master
11-27-2012, 01:15 AM
lol im actually afraid of putting a picture with my face on this forums site. thanks every1 for making me feel uncomfortable. i dont want any confrontations on the water, bad things happen :( I guess ill be the ghost Jig Master LOL, maybe a pic of a ghost LOL!!! actually ima do that right now!!!!

Jig Master
11-27-2012, 01:26 AM
woot new pic up guys... does it resemble any1 you know? LOL

fishead
11-27-2012, 08:56 AM
Fishead fishead rollypolly fishead

Trout Killa
11-27-2012, 09:34 AM
Let me guess.... You're a Raiders fan too. Get a life.[/QUOTE

Yeah Buddy the topic is Fishing, keep RAIDERS out of your comments.

trout masterson
11-27-2012, 09:35 AM
Pretty sure that having "captive wild trout" in a tank, at your house is not cool with department of fish and game.

fishreaper
11-27-2012, 09:43 AM
You are SO cool for not following the rules and having encounters with the police before. Great role model you are. Yes, now I'm "hating." Be careful, your head is going to explode.

Let me guess.... You're a Raiders fan too. Get a life.

What does being a raiders fan have to do with anything? This is a fishing topic keep it as such

Prowler_Tuber
11-27-2012, 09:50 AM
lol im actually afraid of putting a picture with my face on this forums site. thanks every1 for making me feel uncomfortable. i dont want any confrontations on the water, bad things happen :( I guess ill be the ghost Jig Master LOL, maybe a pic of a ghost LOL!!! actually ima do that right now!!!!

Why not use your real screen name, 8 posts seriously. Come on bro, you know your garbage, Jig Master my *****, if you cant follow the rules you just add to the idiots out at the lakes who ruin everything for others. Im calling you out bro, no pic = no fish, just trying to hype yourself up. Like I said before keep your lies to your FB page, seriously bro "I don't eat fish, why should i have to be punished for c&r" pay the extra $$$$ for a pass if you dont got $$$$, leave too bad, you paid for 5 fish dont free load just roll out.

flyhigh123
11-27-2012, 10:31 AM
Hi Jig Master,

The main reason these pay to fish lakes do not want C&R are a few reasons.

1st is because that C&R on trout, is not the best for stockers. These trout are very sensitive and die easily after being caught.
2nd if they allowed you to do it, they would need to allow everyone to do it
3rd if everyone was doing it, there would be many more dead fish which would increase the costs to this buisness.
4th, higher costs to business means increasing fishing costs to us

your main replies are valid such that you lip hook most of the time etc, but you need to remember that these lakes need to be fair to all. These lakes make their money off fishermens. If every fishermen, C&R 20-30 fish in a day it would wreak havoc on the fish that the stock. This is not a public fishing lake, they are a private enterprise in it to make money. To make money, they've figured out that at a 5 take max, its profitable enough for them to keep going.

If the next guy caught 20 trout, gut hooked them all, and released them, i'm pretty sure you would feel that is wrong.

The lake needs to be able to have a policy that covers everyone from all ends of the spectrum.

It's somewhat similar in theory to how movie theaters run. If you bought one ticket and watched 3 movies, is that ok? the thought may be that there are empty seats so you are hurting no one, but as soon as the movie theater opened up that policy, it would ruin the theaters.

seal
11-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Hi Jig Master,

1st is because that C&R on trout, is not the best for stockers. These trout are very sensitive and die easily after being caught.
3rd if everyone was doing it, there would be many more dead fish which would increase the costs to this buisness.

your main replies are valid such that you lip hook most of the time etc, but you need to remember that these lakes need to be fair to all. These lakes make their money off fishermens. If every fishermen, C&R 20-30 fish in a day it would wreak havoc on the fish that the stock. This is not a public fishing lake, they are a private enterprise in it to make money. To make money, they've figured out that at a 5 take max, its profitable enough for them to keep going.

If the next guy caught 20 trout, gut hooked them all, and released them, i'm pretty sure you would feel that is wrong.

The lake needs to be able to have a policy that covers everyone from all ends of the spectrum.

It's somewhat similar in theory to how movie theaters run. If you bought one ticket and watched 3 movies, is that ok? the thought may be that there are empty seats so you are hurting no one, but as soon as the movie theater opened up that policy, it would ruin the theaters.

Very well said but unfortunately I think it will fall on deaf ears (or eyes). There's no glory in saying you caught 1 big fish and 4 normal size stockers these days, you get more "cred" if you post reports saying you caught a bunch of hogs and get a pic on their website with 5 big fish and post a report stating your incredible prowess of C&R 20+ fish in a spot where the fish are all hanging out cause of water flow. There's no glory anymore in being an ethical fisherman.

Phishinghookz
11-27-2012, 12:34 PM
Let me guess.... You're a Raiders fan too. Get a life.[/QUOTE

Yeah Buddy the topic is Fishing, keep RAIDERS out of your comments.

What does being a raiders fan have to do with anything? This is a fishing topic keep it as such

Go Niners...FTW...phishinghoooooookz!

Mr T-rex
11-27-2012, 12:50 PM
49ers all the way
Who has it better than us ?? haha

Go Niners...FTW...phishinghoooooookz!

Jigslinger
11-27-2012, 01:05 PM
I'm calling BS on this report. I was there on Friday the 23rd for the first time at Anaheim Lake. The guy in the tackle store needs to take a class on customer service. He was way too rude. As for the fishing, I saw 3 trout caught within 100yds from where we were. That was it.

Next time I'll just cruise to LNL where at I would at least get better service. They can't control the fishing but they sure could control customer service. Just saying...

Mr T-rex
11-27-2012, 01:29 PM
I'm calling BS on this report. I was there on Friday the 23rd for the first time at Anaheim Lake. The guy in the tackle store needs to take a class on customer service. He was way too rude. As for the fishing, I saw 3 trout caught within 100yds from where we were. That was it.

Next time I'll just cruise to LNL where at I would at least get better service. They can't control the fishing but they sure could control customer service. Just saying...
Dont blame the lake for not catching fish .. Blame your technique !! My buddy was there on friday and caught a double limit in no time

Jigslinger
11-27-2012, 02:06 PM
Dont blame the lake for not catching fish .. Blame your technique !! My buddy was there on friday and caught a double limit in no time

Introduce yourself to reading comprehension sometimes. It could be a worthwhile companion.

No where in my post did I blamed Anaheim Lake for not catching fish. I just stated what I saw in my vicinity and my displeasure on the service.

cutbait
11-27-2012, 04:11 PM
Seriously, you girls get off the crack pipe that is stocked trout?

Its becoming destructive to ya'll

Mr T-rex
11-27-2012, 04:18 PM
Next time I'll just cruise to LNL where at I would at least get better service. They can't control the fishing but they sure could control customer service.

and whats this ?? ^^^ and sorry for the skunk

Frequent Flyer
11-27-2012, 04:26 PM
Hi Jig Master,

well some lakes allow c&r....lnl
NO ‘CATCH & RELEASE’ USING BAIT OF ANY KIND.
‘CATCH & RELEASE’ IS PERMITTED USING ARTIFICIAL LURES AND JIGS WITH ‘BARBLESS’ HOOKS ONLY.

vanillagurilla
11-27-2012, 05:40 PM
And only from a boat in lnl, no c&r from shore.

Frequent Flyer
11-27-2012, 05:46 PM
And only from a boat in lnl, no c&r from shore.

correct, or float tube

FKNChristopH
11-27-2012, 06:12 PM
All these 'jiggers' are trolling all of you. It was pretty entertaining to read in class.. Don't let it get to you guys... Let em run their mouths and you guys keep doin you.. Have fun, it's just fishing..

*shakaa*

Hooked Up
11-27-2012, 06:41 PM
And this is why after 20+ years of fishing "local" pay lakes I have stopped fishing them. Got tired of "ALL" the drama! I was invited to go to Anaheim Lake wed. with a couple friends. Had to turn them down but I did wish them good luck!

Jig Master
11-27-2012, 06:57 PM
LOL this is very entertaining, c'mon people, keep the thread rolling with your complaints, im ACTUALLY reading them.

Rooster
11-27-2012, 07:29 PM
LOL this is very entertaining, c'mon people, keep the thread rolling with your complaints, im ACTUALLY reading them.

For you Half time entertainment :

A young guy from Texas moves to California and goes to Anaheim Lake looking for a job.
The manager asked, "Do you have any sales experience?"
The kid said, "Sure, I was a salesman back home in Texas."
The boss liked the kid so he gave him the job. "You start tomorrow. I'll come down after we close and see how you did."
His first day on the job was rough but he got through it.
After the store was locked up, the boss came down to see how things went.
"How many sales did you make today?"
The young man replied without hesitating, "One."
The boss said, "Just one? Our sales people average 200 to 300 sales a day.
How much was the sale for?"
The kid said, "$1,237.64."
The boss said, "$1,237.64?! What the hell did you sell?!"
the kid said, "First I sold him a pack of Lip Ripperz Jigs.
Then I sold him a pack of Lip Ripperz worms.
Then I sold him a Lip Ripperz Z Spoon.
Then I sold him a new fishing rod.
Then I asked him what part of the lake was he going to fish and he said down at the inlet, so I told him he was gonna need a float tube, so we went down to the tube department and I sold him that prowler.
Amazed, the boss said, "A guy came in here to buy a pack of jigs and you sold all those items?" "No sir, he came here to buy a box of tampons for his wife and I said, 'Well, your weekend's shot, you might as well go fishing.'"

Jess
11-27-2012, 08:15 PM
:LOL:LMAO first report and alredy @ 6 pages, I can't wait to see your next report

jiggaman
11-27-2012, 10:26 PM
OMG...this was one pretty hysterical thread. If you really did catch those fish than why come on a fishing forum and brag about it in the first place knowing that you would catch heat for it lol.

elfarolitojr03
11-27-2012, 11:00 PM
i dont think he came on here to brag about it, but to say that he caught some nice fish and was slaying them all day. he doesnt have to brag cause he knows that he did work and he wanted other people to see. but its cool think what you want man. have fun with this thread haha

Phishinghookz
11-27-2012, 11:48 PM

A young guy from Texas moves to California and goes to Anaheim Lake looking for a job.
The boss liked the kid so he gave him the job. "You start tomorrow. I'll come down after we close and see how you did."
Then I asked him what part of the lake was he going to fish and he said down at the inlet, so I told him he was gonna need a float tube, so we went down to the tube department and I sold him that prowler.
Amazed, the boss said, "A guy came in here to buy a pack of jigs and you sold all those items?" "No sir, he came here to buy a box of tampons for his wife and I said, 'Well, your weekend's shot, you might as well go fishing.'"
Good one rooster...lmao

Carptain_Bao
11-27-2012, 11:56 PM

That sure is a good one, very entertaining!:ROFL:

Jigslinger
11-28-2012, 10:22 AM
Next time I'll just cruise to LNL where at I would at least get better service. They can't control the fishing but they sure could control customer service.

and whats this ?? ^^^ and sorry for the skunk

Ok. I don't want to hijack this thread so this will be my last post. I see you haven't introduced yourself to reading comprehension so I'll spell it out for you.

That statement is saying I prefer the 'service' given by staffs at LNL over staffs at Anaheim Lake. The fishing can't be control but service could so LNL stays on top of their folks to provide great service. Hope you get it this time. Please do yourself a favor and sign up for a reading comprehension class.

Mr T-rex
11-28-2012, 11:03 AM
Are you shopping or fishing ?? customer service wow good one
Ok. I don't want to hijack this thread so this will be my last post. I see you haven't introduced yourself to reading comprehension so I'll spell it out for you.

That statement is saying I prefer the 'service' given by staffs at LNL over staffs at Anaheim Lake. The fishing can't be control but service could so LNL stays on top of their folks to provide great service. Hope you get it this time. Please do yourself a favor and sign up for a reading comprehension class.

Poxy Boggards
11-28-2012, 12:21 PM
First off this is nothing but a brag post by the OP Jig Master...

Secondly, his posts make no sense... This fish were so lively and healthy they bent the metal clip...Then he goes onto say that I did kill one fish that I gave to the couple next to me and they were happy to have them...Went from one fish to more than one. Then he goes on about he just catches and releases and never eats fish from the fishinglakes.

@ OP Jig Master:
If you are really catching and releasing, then release all of them to fight another day... What you were doing is called culling, letting the little ones go and keeping the big boys on your stringer. That is much different then catch and release and screws everyone who comes to fish at whatever lake you are fishing at. If you really want to come on this board to brag about how well you did after the lakes stocked a bunch of massive fish and you camped out all night to have the first crack at them, then by all means catch, then photograph, then release the big ones. That way you can look like the real fishing hero that you are...

@ SurfNSnowboard:
You can try to tell people the rules, and maybe some of them will listen but most of them will go on doing what they think is okay instead of actually caring about rules that the lakes they are fishing at establish. Telling people like this the rules is bassically like banging your head into a concrete wall.

@ everyone reading this:
The lakes have been kicking people out for C&R and culling at Anaheim. I personally have been witness to more then one person being kicked out for doing just what the OP came on here to brag about. My suggestion is to keep the lakes number on speed dial and call them if you see people breaking the rules if it means that much to you. We all pay the same ammount of money to enter these lakes, and people who cull for the big boys are basically stealing everyones chance at catching a big one. I suggest calling the lakes directly if you witness this type of activity on any paylake, you can bet I'll be keeping an eye out for this type of crap when I am on the water.

reservoir dog
11-28-2012, 12:28 PM
It's not official until you get a "thumbs up" from the lifeguard.

ghost2uu
11-30-2012, 04:29 PM

You can add ghost to your name, but that wont stop the Smokin Jigs guys from stealing your picture and claiming it as one of their Canadian Pro Staffers with a brown trout.