PDA

View Full Version : Backyard Brownies

FSHNLIC
11-25-2012, 11:18 AM
My eldest came up for Thanksgiving and stayed most of the week. He doesn't get to get up to the Sierra's much to get on some brownie action so we ventured on over to one of my backyard So-Cal brownie holes locally. After scouting it out yesterday and getting on one fish we were able to scratch out a couple more today. Largest went about 17 inches with the smaller fish in the 14-15 inch range. The few fish in this waterway are real spooky. All fish were safely released. The bows were from Big Bear the other day.

Slims
11-25-2012, 05:28 PM
This is in socal??? Wow.

Pls PM me if you feel like sharing.

Piss on Myspace
11-25-2012, 06:11 PM
A
This is in socal??? Wow.

Ahahahahaha really?

Ill kill all those brownies if u give up my spot lol...may have to hit those mountains soon as those are some nice feesh :Wink:

U may want to edit that tree out of the background tho...ill see u saturday...tight lines and full tails

Viejo
11-25-2012, 07:13 PM
This is in socal??? Wow.

The definition of a true optimist!

Nice SoCal cottonwood and tules.

seal
11-25-2012, 07:43 PM
This is in socal??? Wow.

Yup if I were him I'd send it to you, or not.

trout masterson
11-25-2012, 08:03 PM
killer report man... That spot looks legit! There is only one spot i know with brownies that size.

FSHNLIC
11-25-2012, 09:24 PM
Man... that Santa Ana River in Yorba Linda is a tremendous fishery... the steelhead should be coming up in March!!

TM- probably not where you are thinking

Tight Lines all!!!

DockRat
11-26-2012, 05:25 AM
Dominguez Channel Secret Spot.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y268/sothefuckwhat/tribewithusckinbackgr33.jpg

trout masterson
11-27-2012, 09:40 AM

Definitely not the spot I was thinking of. You got my head spinning bro! lol

carpanglerdude
11-27-2012, 08:50 PM
Man... that Santa Ana River in Yorba Linda is a tremendous fishery... the steelhead should be coming up in March!!

Tight Lines all!!!

You'll find a different breed of 'brownies' there :)

Ifishtoolittle
11-27-2012, 08:59 PM
You'll find a different breed of 'brownies' there :)

lol terrible.

Ifishtoolittle
11-27-2012, 09:05 PM
Nice brownies you got there. BTW I know where this is just let me get back to after searching for a bit on google maps. :ROFL:

Slims
11-28-2012, 04:05 PM
Never hurts to ask. I want to try my "tiny nymphs" on a fly rod. West fork is damn near dried up so Im looking for any new spots until some rain hits us...

The Fishing Queen
12-03-2012, 08:50 PM
Nice looking trout and thanks for the report!

ALandsford
12-12-2012, 12:37 PM
You can keep that spot to yourself... get off your high horse, thats a joke...epic fail with loss of credentials

Ive left better lookin browns in the toilet!

Why the hard time? That area is very small...near tens of thousands of people and would be fished out in 30 minutes. I appreciate the post because I know that there are places nearby that have quality fish. It just takes an effort to find them. For others Gregory is giving up a lot of browns right now. Wherever you fish, I wish you success. If you have a honey hole pics will be fine by me. Again I enjoy seeing what is possible.

gamekiller
12-13-2012, 06:00 AM
Why the hard time? That area is very small...near tens of thousands of people and would be fished out in 30 minutes. I appreciate the post because I know that there are places nearby that have quality fish. It just takes an effort to find them. For others Gregory is giving up a lot of browns right now. Wherever you fish, I wish you success. If you have a honey hole pics will be fine by me. Again I enjoy seing what is possible.

If you know all of this, why dont u see the problem? I bet you and a few others will be there soon. Between his post and the comments made, u might as well just title it with the coordinates..This is not the spot for a "glory" post, which is exactly what it is. ..and even worse dudes using worms on those poor fish...c&r on worms, better be on top of your game son..To everyone who knows, lets keep it hush...like u said, this place cannot sustain heavy pressure...lets be adults here, realize the consequences of our actions and act responsible with our resources...this is the internet with thousands of people lurking around here...think people, think!

And hell no will i be dumb enough to post pictures of my honey holes for the open internet to see so they can come rape my fish....i dont need to impress or feel accepted by anyone.

Now to go get my brownie fix... oh yeah, my buddies and their buddies say thanks for the spot

ALandsford
12-13-2012, 02:47 PM
I do know where that is. I have fished that area for decades....when it was so much better. Word got out, the place got fished out and most forgot about it.

My take on your post was you were upset he was bragging he had a close to home spot that most did not know...nananaa nana look what I have. I didn't take it that way. If you did not either then I apologize. If you are upset that he might be giving away a spot..I fully understand that..I feel the same way. My guess is I was fishing that area for decades before he the angler even knew it existed. In any event I hope your fishing adventures are what you want them to be.

FSHNLIC
12-13-2012, 03:24 PM
If you know all of this, why dont u see the problem? I bet you and a few others will be there soon. Between his post and the comments made, u might as well just title it with the coordinates..This is not the spot for a "glory" post, which is exactly what it is. ..and even worse dudes using worms on those poor fish...c&r on worms, better be on top of your game son..To everyone who knows, lets keep it hush...like u said, this place cannot sustain heavy pressure...lets be adults here, realize the consequences of our actions and act responsible with our resources...this is the internet with thousands of people lurking around here...think people, think!

And hell no will i be dumb enough to post pictures of my honey holes for the open internet to see so they can come rape my fish....i dont need to impress or feel accepted by anyone.

Now to go get my brownie fix... oh yeah, my buddies and their buddies say thanks for the spot

Wow.. Is somebody PMS'ing?? Hey ... if I gave away one of ur spots I apologize.. I'd assume those that recognize this spot already know about it.. As far as a glory post... I guess everyone who posts pic's on this sight are glory post's.. right?? I thought the purpose of a "Fishing Forum" is to share fishing experiences... I see u don't share shyat!! You can criticize my fishing tactics all you want... I know when it is appropriate to c&r... even with bait

etucker1959
12-13-2012, 04:52 PM

JUST HOLD YOUR HORSES!!!!!!!! Is this not the same gamekiller who TODAY responded in the political discussion section, that this is a fishing forum and we should all go out and fish instead of just talk. So someone goes out and does just what you ask them to do, and this is your response? I think you need to make up your mind to what you want people to do. lol