PDA

View Full Version : Into the Fog Jungle Loking,..

Mischief
11-25-2012, 11:12 AM
First, Happy bday to Jimmy (wiseguy) and Alfredo (Lolly),.. We hit the jungle in our tubes rolling as a mob. 7 of us all together! We kicked through a heavy San Pedro fog to the spot and right away started catching fish. Since the tides weren't in our favor, high tide was at 6 and dropping fast after that. We did the best we can with that. Nailing Bass, Perch and rockfish. Nothing really big today,..
Only a big heartbreak for me! I hooked into a huge Halibut. Now I did everything right, had 20# fluro leader tied with a San Diego jam knot on a Pearl Bug with a 3/4 warbaits leadehead. Fighting the beast with a Calcutta TE 200GT on a G. Loomis GL3 rod Heavy! Got it up to the surface and saw the leadhead buried in its mouth...i'm going crazy now...fish was huge! I'm yelling in excitement...it was good as caught! I called out for someone to gaff it...I let the fish run around while we deal with the gaff situation. We got settled up, my buddy Jimmy was ready. So I start to bring it back up and then...The halibut spit out the bug! Total disbelief...Just in shock...did everything right. Couldn't believe I lost the Halibut. I was telling my wife at dinner that it was hooked good! I did everything right. We should be eating halibut tacos! LOL Sorry if this report turned into a rant or something! Oh well...it's just another big fish lost story to tell my girls! Until I kick back there...I'll get him,..

Check out the vid! Now because I used a song from my playlist without the owners (Deftones) permission...The video cannot be viewed on your mobile youtube app! Only on the web! So just use your web brower if you're gonna watch this on a mobile,..

http://youtu.be/njCZElIW-5U

one long cast
11-25-2012, 03:24 PM
I noticed how clear the water is under the docks. Are you sight casting these fish??? Could a 14 ft alum boat, fish the same area without much problems or is this a no fishing area away from the pier????? great job onb the catching

exfactor
11-25-2012, 04:35 PM
Maybe you ought to be carrying your own gaff ya think? You remember the one's that get away better then the one's you catch!

Mischief
11-25-2012, 05:32 PM
I noticed how clear the water is under the docks. Are you sight casting these fish??? Could a 14 ft alum boat, fish the same area without much problems or is this a no fishing area away from the pier????? great job onb the catching

It was my gaff LOL thats why we were taking our time trying to figure out how to get it...think I should have horsed him up on my lap,..

No motorized boats allowed in the pier. sorry,..

bassfishing24/7
11-25-2012, 07:13 PM
Sight Fishing??....Lol...

jpod
11-25-2012, 07:32 PM
what pier is that if i may ask

bassfishing24/7
11-25-2012, 07:36 PM

Its not a pier.....lol

DockRat
11-26-2012, 05:01 AM
Cool vid, I was at the patio yesterday having a beer after work near your launch spot.
That's where my boat is.
DR

bloox8
11-26-2012, 09:11 AM
Cool video.
That looks pretty fun and relaxing. I think I need to get myself a tube. Probably after I get a kayak...(assuming I get a job first lol)

Mischief
11-28-2012, 10:29 PM

follow the yellow brick road,.. ;)