PDA

View Full Version : MDR, El Sugundo Jetty hot spots....

connordoyle
11-25-2012, 10:45 AM
Anybody have any fun spots they fish around that area (even inside the marina)? I fish the venice pier all the time and seriously enjoy myself. I'm looking to take a the fun to the jetties but dont know where to start. I see a ton on google maps but I dont know which ones are best. Any tips here??

connordoyle
11-25-2012, 01:40 PM
Wow, how did I misspell "El Segundo" Excuse me guys! Brain Fail.

DockRat
11-26-2012, 05:02 AM
All them jetties are about the same, just go.
DR

fishshep
11-26-2012, 05:38 AM
Just thinking, why don,t you try fishing from the shore :Idea:

Much more challenging than the pier/ jetty stuff :???:

Learn how to "Read the Water", figure tides,conds. etc.

that produce fish. You get to fish almost unlimited new

areas :Big Grin:

connordoyle
11-26-2012, 09:25 AM
Just thinking, why don,t you try fishing from the shore :Idea:

Much more challenging than the pier/ jetty stuff :???:

Learn how to "Read the Water", figure tides,conds. etc.

that produce fish. You get to fish almost unlimited new

areas :Big Grin:

I guess I'd love to but at the moment I dont have the gear for it, waders and such. But maybe I'll start 2013 fresh and conquer the shore! Thanks guys, Hopefully I can meet some of you on the water sometime. None of my musician friends are too into fishing!

jae4323
11-26-2012, 05:11 PM
All them jetties are about the same, just go.
DR

I agree.

There are lots of small lizardfish sculpin, rockfish, and some pretty big Spotties and Sand Bass on the Harbor Side of the MDR Jetty. That is the best side in my opinion. There are plenty of fish out there.You just have to find them :Envious:.

Some people throw out live bait in the small bridge that connects the two MDR Jetty's. I have seen people pull out some huge halibut from that area. Most of the time people just sit there and catch nothing though.
Just make sure you have a fishing license if you fish on the small bridge. Fish and Game will give you a ticket if you don't have one.