PDA

View Full Version : Bad drivers

Prowler_Tuber
11-25-2012, 10:10 AM
I had a great time yesterday with the exception of all the people who couldn't drive a boat to save their lives. I've never seen so many a$$holes cutting you off or driving over your lines. I lost 4 lures yesterday 2 Mira Shads and two Spoons. Needless to say 2 with boats lost theirs also, I brought scissors this time and just cut lines. Some turd was just driving toward me with his back facing me wasnt even looking where he was going lines went over the kayak and I cut his lines it happen once more an I cut those too. I just kept seeing too many people that were not considerate to others, saw some douche do the same to Big Daddy also. I still had a great time got to see Bring It reel in a sweet one got a limit on the troll. Best part got to see Wes make it to the masters I'm very happy for him he's a great fisherman. Congrats to all. Have a safe week everyone.

Tight Lines

PT

casting call
11-25-2012, 11:42 AM
There were so many boats out yesterday, and with the water level so low, it was a bottleneck between trout island and the west shore. I had some dude motor behind me less than 10 feet while I was trolling. He didnt break me off as his bow caught my line. But there goes 100 ft of frayed line I had to pull off my reel.
There was one boat that had three kids, the father and grandfather (i think) - the dad was steering and was all over the place. Everytime He passed by, i had to try to steer clear, couldnt blame him though, 3 little boys will distract you I guess...lol
Where were you trolling? I trolled mostly up and down the west shore, mid lake and the dam for 2 trout only.

JAG107
11-25-2012, 03:01 PM
It was just really busy, lots of trollers out there. My highlight was losing a $20 lure to a rental boat which was BACKING UP and went over my line, sawing it off with the prop. And all 3 of the guys were just laughing about it. I didn't get nearly as mad as I should have, just chalked it up to a casualty of war being as crowded as it was out there. Maybe B&W is the way to go out there when its so crazy. I got herded towards shore more than once, I had to just stop and reel up and wait for a chance to get back out in traffic. I did my very best to avoid driving over anybodys lines, only once got tangled up with another boat who was running parallel to me, then cut behind my boat and snagged my DR line. When is it ever a good idea to cut behind a troller? And he yelled at ME, "that's what you get for cutting us off." No point arguing...no lost lures, just get those lines back out and FISH!

Rooster
11-25-2012, 05:58 PM
Sorry to hear about the lures. Was great seeing you out there. Your yak looks stealth out there and like a true fishing machine. It was brutal out there.

With most of the flats to shallow to troll and 100 donkeys steering the rentals. It did take alot of the fun out of it for me anyways.

Although i love the masters im beginning to wonder if its really worth it. Not to mention the 1 lane boat ramp backed up 20 boats deep.

I think im done with the Tourneys until the lake gets some water.

XMrxSEAUx
11-25-2012, 08:20 PM
Sorry to hear about the lures. Was great seeing you out there. Your yak looks stealth out there and like a true fishing machine. It was brutal out there.

With most of the flats to shallow to troll and 100 donkeys steering the rentals. It did take alot of the fun out of it for me anyways.

Although i love the masters im beginning to wonder if its really worth it. Not to mention the 1 lane boat ramp backed up 20 boats deep.

I think im done with the Tourneys until the lake gets some water.

I tubed the place today for only 1 trout. thanks to those drivers that weren't so careful i got tapped by a rental.. no biggie i wasnt hurt but i just told the guy to watch out. Im nice about it and told him to be more careful. It must be a sign for me to not tube there on weekends LOL!!!

olfishergal
11-25-2012, 08:23 PM
Brutal it was for sure. So many tin cans with people who don't know crap about boating. Tons of them private and rentals don't seem to know squat about right of way or boating rules in general. We got cussed out more than once. At least I didn't lose any lures this tip due to our avoiding all the idiots out there. So may kids with no life vests on and saw a few even operating the boats/pontoons driving wild out there. To that idiot who encroached on us while shore fishing and cussed us out for crossing his lines, guess you learned to not upset a lady........lmao. he got a royal taste of my tongue for his trouble, but, I really wanted to punch him in the nose. Even with all of that still got close to limit on the troll and a nice surprise of a win in the blind bogie........Thank you Irvine, I really liked the 200 smackers. Good to see old and new friends AND a fabulous turnout by T57. Can't fish the Bite On tourney, but hope to see all of you again for the Xmas tourney. I will probably be camping again. OFG

Poxy Boggards
11-26-2012, 02:17 PM
Thanks Diego! I am pumped to finally make it to the Masters!

As for the crowd, it was crazy out there with a bunch of people who have no idea how to drive a boat, let alone how to be curtious of others. I've lost a couple of lures thanks to the bad drivers out there this season so far on the yak, and I am sure that number will only get larger as I hit the vine more this season.

This was the most packed I have seen Irvine this whole season, hopefully the Yahoo's go back into Hibernation until next Thanksgiving...