PDA

View Full Version : skinner friday 11/23

elbowlayer
11-24-2012, 09:41 AM
After getting some good advice from blue water tackle in temecula, I took my son out to skinner for the afternoon bite. We got there around 1230 set up by launch pad 2, and guess who shows up.... The trout plant truck! Thanks again to blue water tackle, my son got two nice trout and I got a smaller one on a gold kastmaster. After that we switched over to striper bait, no luck on stripers. I still have not caught a striper yet and am starting to more activley pursue them. If anyone has any advise for striper fishing from shore, I would be thankful. I didn't take any pictures of the trout, but we all know what they look like.

P.A.W.
11-24-2012, 04:54 PM
Skinner stripers are a fickle lot! One day they'll be in the ramp 2 arm of the lake..... the next day they'll be over by ramp 1. Some days they hang out in open water off Social Security point. Even chasing them by boat can be frustrating. Just hang in there and keep trying.

elbowlayer
11-24-2012, 07:48 PM
Skinner stripers are a fickle lot! One day they'll be in the ramp 2 arm of the lake..... the next day they'll be over by ramp 1. Some days they hang out in open water off Social Security point. Even chasing them by boat can be frustrating. Just hang in there and keep trying. thanks buddy I will